✧2- Elite✧

CHAPTER 2 - Elite

—————

TWEET TWEET

The whistle blew from his coach, effectively ending the practice. The players ran over to him and stood in organized lines and rows. Their hands were neatly folded behind their backs. This coach was the type who wanted things to go a certain way. If it didn't....well...you wouldn't want to know.

None of the players knew his name. Only that he was incredibly well known for his torturous but effective techniques. All in all, a mysterious figure who demanded to be referred to as 'Coach' and nothing more.

Only the best of the best got to train under him.

Endou recalled these details by heart, as he stood amongst his peers. His grandfather repeated it to him over dinner every night like a bedtime story.

More like a nightmare,

"Well done! Be here at the same time tomorrow! Practice will only be getting more difficult! Next week are the official tryouts to separate you lot from the first team and second team! You'll need to take every next available minute seriously!" He shouted as he walked through the lines of players, examining our exhausted faces.

"If you make the first team," He continued, "You'll represent the school and even get to participate in the first EVER IFSC!"

The IFSC. Probably the hottest topic amongst young adults right now. In fact, anyone would know about it.

—————

The International Free Soccer World Cup.

Also commonly called the International Free Soccer Cup.

The title held prestige and hope for many soccer lovers out there.

The concept of the IFSC was similar to the FFI, a competition that Endou was told to have won before...though he didn't remember.

The IFWC was also on an international scale. But instead of students being required to be part of an official national team, everyone and anyone could participate.

Meaning, as long as you had a coach and eleven players, you were allowed to participate in the competition.

The concept grasped the hearts of many who couldn't afford to be in their national team, not because of talent, but because of money.

All they had to do was to travel to a large city where the regionals would be taking place, and compete to win.

If they kept winning....well, they'd be competing on the national level eventually. And then following that, International.

They didn't need to pay any extra funds, other than some classic food and medical bills.

It was a chance of a lifetime for many, after all the entire thing was to be telecasted across the world.

—————

Just the mention of the outrageous competition got Endou's blood pumping.

New rivals! Across the globe!

He could barely standstill.

"If you are interested in the competition, you'd better be at the level required. Perfect is everything. Remember that," The coaches cold voice cut through the air like a knife. "Dismissed!"

At his words, the group disbanded quickly, everyone was eager to leave and get home. Endou however was not. He knew that even more practice awaited him once he got there.