✧6- Bewitched✧

Chapter 6 - Bewitched

—————

A certain detective calmly slurped up the remaining noodles in his large bowel, after finished he let out a sigh of content.

"That was good..."

"Of course it was..I made it after all."

"Right, right"

The detective closed his eyes as a comforting silence filled the air between our two characters, only the relaxing background noise of sizzling vegetables on the stove played in the background. Rairaiken always had a comforting atmosphere, making it easy to relax and enjoy food to the customers' content. Onigawara Gengorou had always liked that about Hibiki Seigo. He was able to create this type of ambiance wherever he went.

"Did you find anything?... About him?" Asked Hibiki, as he removed the bowl and utensils in front of his guest.

The sudden question made Onigawara peel his eyes open to look at his friend. He folded his hands neatly on the bar table and looked up to see a dark pair of shades staring back.

"Unfortunately...yes."

The response made Hibiki stop cleaning and turn off the stove, making the sizzling gradually come to a stop.

"What?"

"What I mean is that I have found a lead...but...it points in a dark direction."

"How so?"

"The accident that claimed the parents of Endou Mamoru was out of the ordinary, I'd never seen anything like in my 50 plus years." Detective Onigawara rested his elbow on the bar and placed his chin in the palm of his hand. "Then along with the sudden disappearance of Endou Mamoru...seems too fishy to call this a coincidence."

"That's precisely why I wanted you to look into it." The coach interjected.

"I know....and it turns out I was right. Someone tampered with the car the Endou couple were riding in, the breaks malfunctioned unnaturally. Even in the wreckage, we were able to recover some wires that seemed to have been cut."

Hibiki's grip on the bowl he was holding tightened, this was beyond horrifying.

"So....So then Endou..."

"We suspected he was kidnaped from the beginning...no middle schooler randomly disappears. Now we know that the kidnapping and 'car accident' were related."

Hibiki set down the bowl with a shaky hand and let out a deep sigh. This was clawing at him from the inside out.

"This is just...."

"So it was true...my daughter and son in law, and now my grandson..."

The new addition to the conversation did not shock the other two, because the man had been there the entire time. Slurping away at his ramen.

Endou Daisuke, a living legend and a man who lost his entire family within a few hours. Well, almost his entire family.

"To think after finally returning to my family, they would be torn apart from me. Isn't it ironic?" The man lightly chuckled. The fates just didn't want him to be a part of his family's life.

The other two just gave the man a pitiful look.

"Mamoru is all I have left Gengorou. He is all my daughter has left and entrusted to me."

The seriousness in the elder man's voice was unnatural for him and captured the Detective's attention immediately.

"He's my grandson, the people who kidnapped him are unforgivable."