Chapter 8- Realization and Pain

I love him. I love Chase Black. I know nothing about this man with tattoo engraved arms but I love him. I'm aching to be with him. Aching to tell him this realization. I somehow have to let him understand his worth, his meaning in my life.

These thoughts repeated in my head continuously as I was taking care of the children in the daycare. Their smiling faces fueled my happiness, their tiny hands that reached out and tugged at my apron, gave me hope. My love increased, not just for Chase, but for these cute little beings too. I hugged myself in glee and in that moment Chase turned around to give me a weirded out look filled with wonder.

I just laughed and brushed it off with a thumbs up gesture, he shook his head and smiled that beautiful heart leaping smile. I just gawked at it until someone clutched my arm tightly. Looking down I noticed it was the one and only James.

Smiling giddily, I asked him what he wanted.

"My stomach hurts," the poor little being whispered with a pain filled voice.

My happiness vanished just like the flick of a switch and I worriedly crouched down to his height.

"Baby, breathe, it's going to be okay," I embraced him in my arms.

For a few moments we stayed like that until he roughly pushed me away and started coughing. I screamed at Chase to call his parents and the hospital. James just kept coughing and soon blood started pouring from his mouth. I worriedly held him in my shaking arms, his tiny body was losing heat quickly. He was growing frighteningly pale, and his eyes were closing slowly.

Everyone was eloped in a panic. Chase came back from calling James parents and in a rush tried to calm everyone. This commotion continued on for fifteen minutes until the long waited mother and father burst through the door, along with some paramedics. They snatched James from my bloodied and trembling hands, assuring everyone that he would get better quickly. They placed his fragile body on a dark blue stretcher, placing an oxygen mask on his mouth, to make sure he wouldn't faint.

Tears were streaming down everyone's faces, except for Chase and the paramedics. While the paramedics looked professional and concentrated on helping the boy live, Chase looked cold, distant and hard faced. So far.

I rested my head on my knees and blocked the voice of the man, who was trying to help me. He even draped a blanket around me and wiped my hands. Yet, all I could think of is James. I kept chanting in my head that James would be okay. He would live. He would walk inside the day care with his blue backpack, toothy grin, and sparkling emerald eyes, waiting to be taught something new.

Mrs. Northings came through the door and helped escort the people out. And motioned other parents in to pick up their scared young ones. Every face that came in looked shaken and sympathetic. I slowly got up ignoring everything and walked out of the room. I discarded the blood on the floor calmly, trying so hard to forget James ghostly tired face. Mrs. Northings mumbled something along the lines of "you should leave." So I dragged myself to my car, situating myself in the driver's seat and breathed in and out.

About an hour later, I heard the click of my car door opening. I felt the presence of Chase and silently started the engine. I drove a bit over the speed limit, just itching to be at home and in the comfort of my bed. Hoping to be fast asleep and waking up soon, realizing that it was just a nightmare. A cold and miserable nightmare.

As soon as I pulled in my complex, I hurriedly got out of my car and speed walked to the elevator. Chase followed silently behind. As soon as we got in the elevator, to my apartment door, I scurried inside to my room. Before I could open the door though, I felt a large hand snake itself on my waist.

I roughly was spun around and slammed straight into the wall near my door. Chase's head dipped down to the arch of my neck and snuggled there. He gulped my scent and blew uneven breaths making me whimper. Softly, ever so softly, he kissed me there and trailed kisses my neck, behind my ear, across my jawline, all the way to my chin and stopped when he reached my lips.

He hovered over them and to urge him, I wrapped one arm around his back and tangled the other in his hair. After that, I hesitantly wrapped both my legs around his waist, immediately one of his hand reached my thigh to support me and the other rested on my cheek. He caressed my face in his hand and I leaned in his touch. He gazed at me with fiery blue eyes and I to him with weak green ones.

Pressing gently against me, he placed his lips upon mine. We moved in sweet sync, at the same pace, gentle. Slowly so slowly, so sweetly. His soft lips melted against mine and this warmth spread all over my body. I let out a moan and something in Chase snapped. He roughly slammed me against the wall and aggressively pressed himself against me. He parted my lips with his tongue, and in a dominant manner swirled both our tongues. When we pulled away, he grasped my bottom lip and gently nibbled on it, making me arch my back in satisfaction.

He pulled away, and went back to snuggling in my neck. He held me close and drew circles in my back. I felt his breath hitch and he quickly unravelled himself from my body.

"Oh shit," he murmured while looking at me with regret, "No, fuck. No, I didn't kiss you," he growled.

He took a few steps back like I was something so repulsive, which I was. "Forget about that. Don't think too much of it. I just...I just used you."

Chase turned away and quickly escaped my presence. Hearing the door close, I couldn't help but let tears stream down my face and a bittersweet smile emerge.

I was stupid for thinking that someone could love me.

¸,ؤº°'°º¤Ø,¸¸,ؤº° <A/N> °º¤Ø,¸¸,ؤº°'°º¤Ø,¸

Hello le' beautiful beings,
How are you? <3
Ok...there was a lot of going on in this chapter and well...they...kissed.. THEY. FREAKING. KISSED. WHAT!
I felt happy knowing about Ava's lil crush :) but sad writing about James like that :( but happy when they EVER SO SOFTLY KISSED :) yet sad when that ass Chase left my beautiful Ava :(

~THANK YOU FOR VOTING~

ShOuT OuT to..
@careza12
Smile01402
@ITSCAPTINJACKSPARROW
Thank you guys for commenting, I really appreciate that.
✯✮✭ ~Even though I keep dying,
Why do you keep on trying?.~ ✯✮✭

-Fallen_Angels_Cry