Chapter 2-Chickens on Crack

Somewhere during all of the fun in coloring for the little ones, David, the naughty little four year old decided to start a paint and feather fight. He stood up on his green chair and shouted this weird viking battle cry and threw green paint all over James. James was minding his own business with a very happy Chase but when the paint hit him, he became the devils spawn.

Now, James is a very kind and smart boy but there's one tiny thing you should know about him, he hates the color green, no despises it and when you even bring that color near him he gets furious. He turned bright blue from anger, yes blue and grabbed the beautiful feather and sparkling red mixture, swung the entire bucket in the air and the entire contents poured on David.

Chase tried to calm James down by whispering things in his ear and rubbing his shaking back. I was making my way to David but before I could even blink, different paints, sparkles and feathers were flying everywhere in all directions. I didn't even know we had feathers in this class!

Screams and laughter caressed the room like a tidal wave all the way coming from Hawaii. Some even landing on me. For two or three minutes I lost my voice to stop them. Now was the time that I pulled out my strict teacher facade.

With a deep breathe my voice boomed and bounced through out the room,"Stop right this instance!"

Every soul froze around the room and looked at me with wide shocked eyes, especially Chase, I guess its the first time hes actually heard my voice. I never shouted at these kids not even when they decided to grab a whoopee cushion and place it on my chair, I actually saw them doing that prank, but for their little mischievous hearts I sat on it and laughed with them. My rough week and lack of sleep is catching up with me to actually scream at them.

Just then a knock on the door sliced through every ones thoughts, with a sigh I opened the door to reveal all of the parents standing their with angry expressions on their faces. All of them started complaining and shouting inaccurate sentences, storming in and snatching their young ones with disdain and hate. Then stomping out like hungry male gorillas.

Slowly, the room was left empty. I turned around but immediately jumped back because of how close Chase was standing behind me.

"Sorry," He started. He roamed his eyes all over me, making me blush, and he gave a once over to himself. "We look like chickens on crack."

That got to me and I started giggling like the maniac I was.

* * *

Sliding the jiggling keys in the ignition, my old red 2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class roared to life and I reversed my baby out of the parking lot in a safe gliding speed.

As I was passing through the park which is three blocks away from my fair spaced apartment I stopped the car in a hassle. I saw a sleeping frame on the park bench so I curiously got out of the car and towards the man who was sleeping on the bench in such a cold whether.

When I got close enough, I saw a face which I thought would never see in my entire life here with a worn out quilt, which I doubted kept all the cold out.

Chase was lying there, shivering here and there with a frown present on his face. His nose was tinted pink and his eyes squeezed shut. He was wearing the same clothes that he wore in the afternoon and they still had the feathers, glitter and paint on them. His joke about chickens on cracks made a faint smile appear on my face.

I gently shook him with the tip of my fingers. Like lightening, he spun me around pulled me to his chest and breathed in my ear in a low whisper, "What are you doing here?"

Stumbling over my words I emitted a soft squeak, "I saw you and I was wondering if you wanted to sleep at my house for the night because it's cold."

Gently, with graceful ease he spun me around and gave me that same adorable curious look he did before.

"Your letting a stranger into your house? That's not very clever."

I blushed. How does he do that, I may never know. "Just shut up and walk."

He smirked but obeyed my command. I saw that he was still shaking so I slipped my warm hand in his ice cold one, just as a friendly gesture yet that electricity spoke something else. We silently walked to my car and slid in.

I cranked the heater up all the way and saw Chase smile in the corner of my eyes, even from this view I could see his deep dimples. We drove three blocks to my apartment in a nice comfortable silence.

* * *

Chase and I scrambled into the elevator as I pushed the big red button which had '5' boldly imprinted on it. The doors slid closed as the elevator rose higher to the fifth floor. "Thank you." I jumped at the sudden voice coming from the man standing next to me. He was scratching the back of his neck with a light blush on his cheeks while biting his bottom lip. He reminded me of a cute teddy bear who you just want to cuddle with all day and all night. I softly giggled and murmured a quick 'no problem'.

The ding broke through the warm atmosphere as I walked out with him trailing behind me just like in the daycare. Once we reached 2071, my apartment, I unlocked my door and we entered inside the warm house. Chase grasped every detail like he did in the daycare. My simple beige carpet, black furniture and flat screen TV hanging on the wall with the kitchen on the left.

"I'll show you you're room." I lead him into the guest room, "Theres the bathroom, there are some clothes that might fit you, they were my brothers. You could just go in the kitchen and eat whatever you want, I'm making tea for both of us, everythings easy to find and if you need anything at all just knock on my door, its right next to yours."

He nodded with a grateful look on his face and did the most unexpected thing ever. He hugged me. He hugged me. Wrapping his strong arms around me and embraced me with warmth and gratitude. I hugged him back almost immediately and enjoyed the electric current, sparks and warmth running throughout my body. My lips left a sigh of comfort without my permission and I swear I heard Chase emit a soft whimper.

Just as quick as it started, it finished too soon. He nodded and walked inside the bathroom with a quicker pace than usual.

My body was burning all over and my mind was in the midst of confusing. I never felt so secure in my life and that made me scared. I didn't even know this guy!

¸,ؤº°'°º¤Ø,¸¸,ؤº° <A/N> °º¤Ø,¸¸,ؤº°'°º¤Ø,¸

This was a little better than the last one and I hope I left you craving for more ;)

SHoUt OuT To....

@tardis7810

@Internal-Storm

and

@those_boys_are_toxic

These people commented for 'Chapter 1 -The Bogey Man' and gave me a push to keep on writing. Thank you very much!

Well, that's all...

Have a nice life!

-Fallen_Angels_Cry