Run

I woke up on the floor of the same carriage, Draco obviously having left, having stayed long enough to put a stupify curse on me so that I stayed out. I groaned, gingerly touching my head with a hand and then stretching my back out for a couple of seconds.

My wand was on the floor, thankfully. Perhaps Draco had dropped it, or left it. Retrieving it from the floor, I shoved it into my pocket and grimaced. Countless other students and I had been beaten up by Draco's crew, so much so that I swear he had a kink for it or something. I wouldn't be surprised. my disgust was almost palpable in my mouth.

But, I made a promise to not get myself into any more trouble throughout the year, especially not by Draco and his Cronies; only I knew how much trouble I'd gotten in, and it hadn't served me well. Especially that tendency of mine to launch myself into any dangerous situation at hand, like planning with other students to prank Professor Umbridge last year, numerous times. Without getting caught.

The niffler had been a good idea - Cedric and I had released on into her office, and it had devastated all of her stupid gold adorned plates and furniture. She was so upset that she didn't let anyone in her office for a week afterwords while she fixed everything.

 Not to mention joining that stupid elite Slytherin captain program of hers, just so that I could get closer to her and end up smuggling a bag of snakes into her office. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do so, as it was the night Harry Potter had lured her into the forbidden forest and left her there. Perhaps that prank was better than mine. 

So I decided, no more getting beat up, and no more provoking it. And while I was at it, I should stop getting so many detentions., especially from Mcgonagall. She was always the worst when it came to detentions.

I stood up to get my luggage and book, but tripped over someone sprawling out across the rest of the carriage and hitting my chin on the floor with a grating sound to my teeth. "Shit" I whispered and turned around, but my eyes widened at what- who I beheld.

Harry Potter himself. I'd forgotten that Draco had left him there as well. 

He looked somewhat... different upon closer inspection. His glasses were askew, scar stretching across his forehead that somehow made me flinch slightly at the reality of it. One of the Dark Lord's victims, who should have been dead. Should have been, and yet... wasn't.

His hair was messier than I thought it would have been, and I wondered if he'd grown it long just to hide his scar, or maybe to look cooler. Probably a mixture of both. I sighed through my nose, debating for a few seconds. He had been stunned, his eyes still open and gazing at the ceiling. And with one final gaze at him, his nose had been broken, blood spilling out over his mouth.

"Lucky I was here. Finite Incantatem"

He came to life, his eyes blinking like a slow moving doll and then jumping up as if he'd been shocked. I just stood and stepped out the door, my boots scraping against the floor as I swiped my backpack from my seat, stuffing the book inside.

Just as I was about to leave though, a hand touched my shoulder and I whirled around, thinking he'd surely have stayed some distance from me, or maybe that was the reason he was sorted into Gryffindor, not exactly the smartest bunch.

"Uuh" he coughed. "I am lucky. Thanks. Had no idea how long we'd been there."

"Um, yeah" I said, and pushed the door open. "So... what were you doing back there?"

He seemed to pause, but follow me through the carriages. "Oh, we're going to have to walk back"

I sighed, dismissing his dismissal. " At least the Hogwarts express isn't known for it's speed."