Normal Death, Huh? Can't Relate Sorry.

I- I'm crying.
Literally crying. I can't believe how fast this book grew. I started this book in January 2020. And now look how far we've all come!! Thank you so much everyone!
I come back from hiatus to see that I sky-rocketed from 10K to 17K!! Wow!!
I'm so happy to announce that this book only has two (maybe three) chapters left (and an epilogue) - I can't wait for you all to finish it.

And lastly, I want to thank all the loyal readers who've been waiting for an update for two months now. 😱😅

------------------------------------------------

Apollo's POV

Training. If you asked me what we did in preparation for the emperors attack, my answer would be training.

And planning. And going over battle strategy. And trying to contact as many people as we could. Even Chiron's cousins, the Party Ponies. (Those guys are awesome, they threw the best parties. Sorry, did I leave out the word birthday?)

The rest of the Seven that hadn't left yet, Leo and Piper, decided that they would leave after the battle. We somehow managed to get Grover's attention and he said he'd bring over some of the dryads with him to help.

I remember really wishing that Meg were still here to conjure satyrs from a patch tomato plants. And tell me to stop getting distracted and being horrible at swordfighting.

The one thing I had improved on, was archery. I feel like I was slowly getting my powers back. My aim got better day by day, even though I may not be up to my godly standards. I helped teach a few Romans a bit of archery too.

Ah yes, thank you for asking. My scratch is getting worse to all of your dismay. (And mine, obviously.) Each day, I feel like it's going to be my last. Like I'll collapse and finally turn into a eurynomos at any random time.

But that is not something I like to remind myself of. I'll worry about turning into a zombie later. Right now, I need to focus on not being killed.

Why?

Because, this chapter takes place two days after the previous one. Yes. Yes, this is the day. The day of the final battle. The day we fight the emperors and defeat the Triumvirate. Then hopefully, the gods will have mercy and make me a god again before I turn into a zombie.

I shakily strapped on my armour as Frank stayed with me. He eyed me wearily as I slung my bow and quiver over my shoulder.

Finally, he spoke. "You loved her didn't you?"

I didn't have to ask who he was talking about. "No. I still do and I always will. No past tense."

He gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm sure she loved you back," he hesitated. "On the boat to Greece, she always talked about you. She was worried about you, if the constant changing between Roman and Greek was hurting you."

I looked down and gulped. Over the last two days, my mind kept wandering off to imagining a life with Aria. If I had never taken away her memories. If I had never been scratched by a eurynomos. If the gods decided to make me a god again.

I would ask her out and she'd smile really bright - that smile that makes my whole day - and say yes. I would take her to a meadow where we would lay down and watch the stars. I remember Aria telling me that that is her idea of a perfect date. We'd have a picnic and we'd lay together on a blanket under a beautiful starry night sky.

After a few weeks I'd ask her to be my girlfriend. And then -

"Hey dude," Frank Zhang snapped his fingers in front of my face. "You zoned out for a sec there."