"Yer a Wizard, Harry"

Apollo's POV

Dad had called for an important council of the gods, and this included Hades as well.
Which was surprising because Zeus never lets Hades attend any councils except for REALLY important ones.

So whatever the reason is for why Dad called this council, it must be SUPER important.

I reached my golden throne and brought out my lute. Artemis, my sister, covered her ears beside me.

"Everybody block your ears! Apollo's going to play some music!" She warned really loudly.

I rolled my eyes as every other god started overreacting like little children.  Blocking their ears and screaming "LA LA LA LA!" at the top of their voices.

"Gods! Behave yourselves!" Boomed my dad's voice throughout the hall as he entered with Hades on his side.
I saw Demeter throw him a dirty look when Persephone followed behind him.

But the funny thing was that Dad was holding a little girl's hand as he walked in. She looked about eight with wavy black hair that shone in the light and twinkling back eyes. She wore a small salmon pink dress and was less than half of Dad's height.

"This is Aria," Dad said as he sat on his throne after telling her to stand in the middle of all of us gods. She looked each one of us in the eye and when she met my striking blue ones, I smiled warmly and she smiled back.

"Her parents died yesterday and I found her at the side of a lake. She's nine years old and she agreed to staying with us."

At the last one, the gods went into an uproar. Ares had shot up out of his seat and roared at Zeus that this was not permissible.
Aphrodite was unsuccessfully trying to calm her boyfriend down.
Athena was glaring at Dad for not following his own laws about no mortals being allowed in Olympus.
Hades actually made to strangle Zeus and Poseidon had to get up and restrain him.
Hera was red in the face at the prospect of Zeus having another child, she didn't want another Hercules incident.
Hephaestus, Artemis, Hermes, Hestia and I stayed silent.

I didn't know what to think. We couldn't just let Dad allow this mortal child live in Olympus. There were more children out there in the world in the same state as her, why should we look after just her?
But at the same time... She lost her parents. Her family died and she had no one and nothing anymore.

I glanced at her and saw that she looked terrified.
Who wouldn't be?
Twelve adults looking like they want to kill each other all because of this one little child.

Artemis must have noticed as well because she called Aria over to sit on her lap who didn't hesitate.

She leapt into my sister's arms and buried her face into her chest, as if trying to block out the noise we were making.

"Guys! Shut up and calm down!" I yelled with Hermes.
They all quietened down after they saw Aria almost in tears in my sister's arms.

Zeus cleared his throat and continued. "Before anyone interrupts me again, I want Aria to show you something that will answer all questions and end all arguments."

She nodded leaped down from Artemis's lap and touched her bracelet. I hadn't taken notice of that before.

Her bracelet turned into a wand and she muttered a few words before a blue light emitted from her wand and a mystical blue unicorn elegantly trotted around the hall.

"I'm sure you will now agree that Alia is special and not just a mortal. We need to keep her safe here on Olympus. Does anyone have any objections?" Zeus asked.

No one did.
Not even Ares.

She smiled and before she looked at any other god, her eyes met mine and we smiled at each other.

"Thank you."

----------------------------------------------------