6. "For you"

"Ugh, so close" I groaned throwing my head back.

I saw Jo laughing as she grabbed another marshmellow. "You'll get this one" she said and threw it at me.

I did a movement and opened my mouth and this time the sweet landed inside of my mouth.

I threw my arms up and victory and Jo jumped up and down in joy.

"Your turn" I signed and she took position and I took the marshmellows in my hand.

She got every single one I threw and I immediately felt like a complete loser. She came closer to me, her mouth full.

"You are such a noob" she signed.

"How are you so good at this?"

"Summer used to throw her beans when she was little and I didn't want them to go to waste so I just ate them in the air"

My eyes widened. "That sounds..."

"Weird, I know" her smile widened, her eyes squinted and her shoulders shook meaning she was laughing again.

Suddenly Jo noticed someone behind me and I quickly turned my head to see that a customer had just walked in. She moved away from me and then went to the register to serve him.

I sat on my phone for a while, until I noticed that she had come back to me. I looked up to see her smiling mischeviously.

"What?" I asked.

She didn't answer.

I stood up so now I was towering over her.

"What?" I asked again.

Then she took something from behind her back and gave it to me. I quickly realized it was a small red rose. 

"For you" she said.

I slowly took it in my hand. "Aren't I supposed to give you a flower?" 

She bit her lip "I am the one with the flower shop. And also..." she paused. "There isn't a reason for you to give me a flower, right?" she did a step forward. Our chests were almost touching. "Or is there?"

I gulped.

Kiss her now. It's the time, dumbass, kiss her!

But instead I took a step back.

"Is Cameron okay with this?" I asked.

Cameron. Her husband.

I had to keep that in my mind all the time because otherwise I would something we both were going to regret.

"With what?" she tilted her head to the side questioning.

"With this. With me."

"Of course" she answered immediately. "And besides you know Cameron and I are just..." she trailed.

JUST? JUST WHAT GODDAMN IT!

She was about to continue when the door opened and Jordan came rushing inside.

"Hero! Hero!" he was signing furiously.

"What?" I snapped at him.

"Oh hey, Jo. Didn't see you there" he said as he noticed her and I rolled my eyes at the interruption.

"Hero, you need to come with me, tonight" Jordan said when he caught his breath.

"Come with you, where?" I asked.

"To the karaoke bar at the beach. There is this cute guy I met and he is playing there tonight. We need to go!"

I rolled my eyes. "What am I supposed to do there, Jordan? I can't even listen to music"