10 - Come Today

~one month later~

"Who else is dead." Joey groaned as he turned off his TV from a movie that was playing in HBO or ABC (some channel like it). Everyone replied in groans.

"I'm just so glad the show is over, I can finally get back to a normal sleep schedule." Jamie laughed, which everyone joined into.

Lauren laughed as she stood and walked over to the kitchen counter where bags of chips were laid out, salsa and guacamole, blue cupcakes, and half-empty pizza boxes laid. Her and Joey decided to host the whole cast and crew after party at their house this year. She started to grab another slice of pizza when she felt the presence of her boyfriend behind her, he sneaked his arms around her waist, she jumped startled, looked back to see Jon's smiling face, then relaxed, "Jon, you frightened me for a moment." She laughed, looking back k the food.

"Who else does this to you?" He smirked the kissed her neck softly.

"There isn't another man, I promise." She joked, sarcastically, as she spun around in his arms so she was now facing him and was leaning against the countertop. She smirked at him.

"Want to know what's cute?" He smirked at her.

"What?" She laughed, thinking he was going to say her.

"Those cupcakes are cute." He said, smiling like an idiot at her with a weak laugh.

She let out a small breathless laugh, "You helped make them, master chief." She smirked before giving him a quick peck on the lips, then turning back around to face the food.

He let go of her and came to her side, picking up one of the cupcakes, "I like the blue food-coloring to match the apotheosis shit." He laughed the took a bite out of it.

Frosting got all over his face, but Lauren just laughed at him, he tried to kiss her with all the frosting on his face, "Stop being cute." She pushed him away with a giggle and he retreated, grabbing a napkin and wiping his face with a chuckle.

"Hey, love-birds," they looked over to the group sitting by the couch, "get back over here." Jeff laughed.

"We're coming." Lauren laughed, taking a handful of chips and walking past Jon who followed after her.

"Jon, you're like a dog to her." Jeff laughed as Jon sat on the couch.

"What's wrong with him being my dog?" Lauren joked as she sat down next to Jon on the couch, "he's loyal, cute, and a pain in the ass sometimes."

His mouth dropped open in shock that turned to laughter as everyone else laughed, and she smirked with a giggle, grabbing a chip and eating it.

"You heard it here folks, I'm a dog." He laughed shaking his head.

Once the laughter died down, Nick said a few words, "For one, thank God this show is over." He laughed, and so did the others, "Two, this show has had an amazing run. Not only you guys, the fabulous actors who make this show work, but also you guys, our fabulous band." He pointed over to what they called the "Hatchetfeild High School Band". "You guys are outstanding, great job." He clapped for them, the rest of the cast joined in and cheered, "Thank you all for taking the time out of your lives to be apart of this show and making it the best, not only for ourselves, but for our friends, families, and our fans too." Nick sighed, "And to many more!" He laughed and sat back down on his chair.

"To many more!" Everyone repeated at different times.

"And, cough, cough, an applause to your hosts tonight." Joey joked out loud so everyone could hear.

Everyone laughed and said their 'thank you's, some clapped and Lauren did a sitting-bow saying her 'thank you's back with a laugh.

"you're really enjoying that applause, aren't you?" Jon joked in her ear.

"Oh, you know it, Jon." She laughed.

After Nick's speech, some people started to leave, but some stayed and chatted.

It was after their last show so it was already night time and was starting to get dark (their last one had been a matinee). Tomorrow, the whole cast and crew was scheduled to go back to the theater and rip down the set.

It was almost 10 o'clock now, only Jamie, Rob, Jeff, Nick, and Jon were still at their house.

"Did you guys want to watch something?" Joey suggested, grabbing the remote to the TV but setting it down quickly after.

"No, I think I'm going to head out," Nick stood up off the couch, "thanks again you guys." Nick said before heading out the door with a wave as the others waved back.

"Hey, I think I'll be heading out too." Jeff said as he started to stand.

"Have a good night!" Joey called after him.

"Thanks, you too!" He called out before heading out the door.

The five of them sat for a while chatting about funny mess-ups from the most previous show and laughed up a storm.

"Hey, Jon?" Lauren looked up to him from laying on his chest.

"Yeah, Lo?" He replied, look down at her.

Jamie, Joey, and Rob went off on their own conversation about politics or something of the sort.

"I'm comfortable." She said softly.

"I am too." He smiled at her.

"No," she paused, "I mean, I'm comfortable, with you." She sighed happily.

"I know..." he paused, "me too."

She smiled up at him, moving her head off his chest. Her smile faded and she sighed, "How long will this last?"

"Will what last?" He asked, confused.

"My happiness... us...?" She shrugged.

"As long as you want it to."

"Will tomorrow come with you?" She looked down to her fiddling hands, "Can you be here with me?" She looked back up at him.

"Think about today." He smiled at her, she stopped playing with her hands, "I'm with you today..." He sighed happily, "nothing can part us now." He held onto her tighter and she rested her head on his chest again.

"I'm happy, Jon." She sighed happily.

"I'm happy as long as I'm with you." He sighed.

"I love you." She smiled at him.

"I love you too, Lo." He smiled at her, giving her a quick peck on her lips, "don't forget that."

They kissed again and turned back to Joey, Rob, and Jamie. After the past three months they had learned something new from one another; how to love and how to be happy, and that's what mattered most to them, how to be happy in each other's arms, knowing, that tomorrow would come with each other. They were happy together, and what could change that?