6 - Inevitable

"'Emma, I'm sorry, you lost...'" Jeff's voice echoed through the sound system. Lauren and Jon were hugging at this moment from their scene before the song started, they had just learned all the choreography for the last song.

""Paul?'" Lauren followed along with Jeff's voice and pulled away from Jon's grasp.

"'Emma, I'm sorry you lost your way...'" Jon grabbed her hand and hip as he continued to sing the rest of the song (with Jeff's guiding lyrics).

They danced a small waltz as he sang the next line, he then brought her in with a spin, "Pretend like your struggling the whole time, remember, Lauren?" Their choregrapher, James Tolbert,  reminded her, she started acting as told.

He brought her in, "'It's inevitable, for us.'" he smiled at her, holding her hands.

She acted scared, "'No, get aways from me, you're not Paul, you're one of them!'" She tried to break away from his grasp.

He let go and ran to the corner where Rob stood to join the dance, they continued to go till the end, "'The apotheosis is upon-'" Jon yelled and everyone joined in as Lauren fell to the ground, "'us!'"

"Great job guys," James looked over to Nick, "that was good, right?" he turned back to the cast, "That was great. Thanks for working really hard today." He smiled.

"And let's give a quick round of applause to James," Nick pointed over to him, James shook his head with a laugh as the cast clapped.

"Thank you." Joey called out, the rest of the cast followed suit and yelled out 'thank you' as well.

"No, thank you guys." He smiled.

"You guys are excused." Nick said, everyone slipt up from their ending clump and off to get their bags, "No rehersals until Friday, get some rest." Everyone nodded, exiting the room.

Lauren and Joey made their way out slowly, "You and Jon are adorable in that song" Joey chuckled.

"He's trying to kill me." Lauren laughed.

"It's romantic." Joey shrugged with a chuckle.

"What is?" Jon came around the other side of Lauren.

It shocked her for a moment, "Oh-when you're trying to kill me in that last song."

"Guess it is." Jon laughed, "'I want you to join the hive'." He joked in a zombie-like voice, which made Lauren laugh.

"That's what I'm saying." Joey laughed. The three walked silently for a minute before Joey said, "Hey, Lauren, I'll catch you in the car, I need to go ask Nick something." He said, parting them rather quickly.

"Joey-" she stopped herself, oh great... he probably has nothing to say to Nick though.

"I'll walk you there?" Jon suggested.

"Sure." Lauren smiled and they continued walking.

"Hey, so," Jon started, Lauren looked at him quickly to show she was listening, then turn back to watching her feet, "I was wondering if you want to grab a bite?" he asked, "again?" he chuckled.

"Oh, yeah, sure." Lauren said quickly, "When?"

"Have you eaten yet? It's almost one, we can go get some lunch if you're up to it?" He shrugged.

"Sure." She smiled, "Let me go tell Joey, I can just leave with you now, if that's alright?"

"Yeah, that's alright." He smiled.

She ran over to Joey and told him she was going to lunch with Jon. As if they were in middle school, he looked shocked, then smirked and made fun of her, "Stop it, Joey, it's not like that." She scolded quietly then pushed him a bit, then ran back to Jon yelling to Joey, "See you later."

"He came come if he wants." Jon suggested, Lauren shrugged as a reply. They both looked over to Joey who shook his head 'no', "Guess not." Jon laughed, "Head out?"

"Sure." Lauren smiled and they walked out of the room.

"Is something going on between them that I don't know about?" Nick asked Joey as they watched them leave.

"Not that I know of..." Joey sighed.

"Not yet, anyway." Jeff laughed overhearing their conversation by the stero, Rob stood with him and turned around to face Nick and Joey.

"Jon and Lauren both, usually, keep things strictly professional." Nick tried to reason.

"You think they're going to end up together?" Joey asked Jeff.

"Jon always comes home smiling after he's been with Lauren," Rob lightly chuckles, "But I don't think he notices that."

"He kissed her Sunday." Nick shrugged.

"WHAT!?" Joey , Rob, and Jeff exclaimed in unison.

"You guys didn't know?" Nick laughed, shocked they hadn't been told. Nick was sure the word would've gotten around of their mess-up, but he guessed not.

"No, he never said anything." Rob said as him and Jeff joined their circle.

"Neither did Lauren."

"Well what happened?" Jeff asked.

They listened in closely to Nick, "Well, we were doing that scene after the helicopter crash a-and instead of Lauren fake-coughing up blood, they-uh, well, they kissed." He shrugged, "Jon must've just read the script wrong."

Joey started lightly chuckling, "No way..." his laughter grew, "I can't believe it."

"It was surprising to me." Nick laughed, "but I guess it didn't phase either of them."

"No," Rob said slowly, "No, it did..." He thought back, "I remember when he came home Sunday, he was beating himself up about something... he was saying to himself something like, 'what the hell did I do?'" Jeff laughed at Rob's story.

"Nah man, that sounds fake." Joey scoffed.

"No, it isn't." Rob laughed, "I heard that as he walked to his room, who knows how much he beated himself up once he got in there."

All four of them laughed, "So... you think they like each other?" Joey asked Rob, "I do."

"Sounds like it." Jeff scoffed.

"I think so..." Rob replied.

"Me too." Nick chuckled.

"Guess we'll just sit back, watch, and wait." Joey laughed.

The four continued to make bets as they exited and closed up the studio, now invloved in Jon and Lauren's "romance".

a/n: sorry this was kinda a filler-chapter, but there's always one, right? Haha. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed it!
Q: this will be hard, what's your favorite starkid song? (I know everyone has many... so share 2 or 3!)
A: i really love "Let It Out"... idk why but I remember when I was at the show, in my head I went "that's my new favorite starkid song". And my other favorite is "When The World's At Stake", I just love the way Rachel sings it and it makes me think of my grandma.
So what about you guys? what're your favs? Tell me in the comments!
Thanks for reading :)
-stranger_starkid <3