2 - Emma

About a few days later, the cast list came out, and Lauren saw her name next to the part that she read for. She smiled at her phone that had the list, she then looked down the list a bit to see Joey's name.

"Joey, you got..." she started as she sat with him on the couch, "Ted!"

"Ted?" he asked excitedly.

"Yeah, did you read for him?"

"Yeah, I did." Joey smiled, "and you got...?" He urged her on.

"Emma! The one I read for." She was excited, "but the thing is, it shows she's one of the main parts, right next to Paul." She shrugged.

"Who's playing him?"

"Jon Ma-Matte-" she tried to pronounce his last name, "Jon Matteson... I don't know who that is." She shrugged.

"I-wait, actually... I think I do." Joey tried to think back to where he'd heard the name, "that's Rob's roommate's name."

"Rob has a roommate?" Lauren let out a weak laugh.

"Yeah, and that's Jon." He chuckled.

"So, me and his roommate, Jon, are the leads?"

"Looks as so."

"Huh." She shrugged, "Well, I can't wait to meet him then."

A couple weeks passed, the group started doing Kickstarters for the show and livestreams, they were all so excited, but Lauren never caught a glimpse at her opposite through this time. It wasn't until the day of the first table read that her and her opposite locked eyes.

"H-Hi, you're Lauren, right?" Jon asked with a smile, holding out his hand to shake. Lauren looked at his bright eyes and smiled, he was so nice... and handsome.

"Yeah, yes, that's me." She shrugged, awkwardly, with a weak chuckle, "um-and you're Jon?" She asked.

"That would be me." He laughed, "So you're playing Emma?"

"Yeah, though, I don't really know who she is or what she does in this show..."

"She's a super fun character. When I'm with Jeff, he plays the songs non-stop." He laughed, which she joined into.

"Cool, cool..." she nodded with a smile, looking around to the others that were joining them.

"Come on, let's go sit." Jon invited, which she nodded her head to as a response. They walked over and sat at the two chairs with their character names set on the table, a name tag made out of marker and white cut and folded printer paper, "Emma." He pulled out the chair for her gentleman-like, with a bow.

She laughed, "why, thank you, Paul." She laughed. They both sat and more people joined them, soon the reading was to start.

They listened to the songs first, laughing their butts off at the silly lyrics Jeff made, then went on through the script for the first reading. Throughout this time, Lauren and Jon would share quick smiles and glances when others were talking, they would laugh together and enjoy the scenes they got together.

"Great job you guys," Nick stood up from his chair to grab everyone's attention, "We will start blocking the scenes tomorrow, start with the first and so forth..." he paused and everyone nodded or wrote it down, "Alright guys, have a good day, see you tomorrow."

Everyone stood up with "thank you"s and "see you tomorrow"s as they gathered their stuff and started heading out the door.

"Hey, Lauren," Jon started as she packed her new script into her bag, she looked up at him, "it was nice to finally meet you." He smiled holding out his hand.

"I-It was nice finally meeting you too, Jon." She smiled and took his hand. They shook, but while letting go, Jon's hand slipped and knocked her bag over to the ground.

"Oh-shit-sorry, let me help you with that..." he went down on his knee and start to gather it.

"No, don't worry, I got-" as she started to crouch down, he got up and they bunked heads, both falling back in their butts, "ouch." She laughed.

"Sorry-"

"No, that was my fault." She laughed, which Jon instantly joined into until their laughter died down, "Well, that wasn't awkward at all..." Lauren continued to chuckle.

"That was quite the movie-moment." Jon added with a weak laugh.

"Yeah..." Lauren sighed, standing.

Jon grabbed her bag and stood, "Here," he smiled, handing it to her, "Sorry again for, you know, hitting it off the table... and knocking our heads together." He awkwardly laughed again.

"No, no-uh-don't worry." She smiled taking the bag back, "it was my fault-trying to help you."

He laughed, "Well, I'll see you tomorrow then, Lauren." He smiled with a nod and turned the opposite way, around the table, and to the door, he met up with Jeff first before heading out with Rob.

"See you... then." She breathed, he couldn't hear her now.

She looked back down to her bag to grab her phone, as she grabbed it there was a thud on the table and she gasped, "shit, Joey!" She yelled, "you gave me a fucking heart attack."

"Did I really?" He smirked, sounding proud.

"Shut up." She laughed.

"So, how are our two love-birds coming along?"

"What?—Love-birds?—Who said anything about us being love-birds? Pff, we're not—" She started rambling on quickly, but Joey just gave her a confused look... he was talking about the show, wasn't he? She thought.

"Our two main characters?" He started, but smirked to what she was getting at, "You like him, don't you?"

"What? No way, we just met—" she scoffed, "I-I mean, I like him as a person, yeah, sure, but not-not like boyfriend-lover kind of way..." she started to ramble on again and Joey just gave her a look of knowing, "What?" She shrugged, "I don't."

"Okay... okay." He laughed, hitting the table again. She gave him a stern look, "Okay, we won't talk about it anymore."

"Thank you."

"Let's go home." He laughed.

Lauren nodded and went around the table to stand next to Joey and walk out. Jon happened to still be chatting with Nick and Jeff as they left. Jon gave a small wave which Lauren returned, small, so Joey didn't see.

But even just by one day, her heart was telling her something, something about Jon. Even though their meeting was short, and they had just met, but she was drawn to him, like a mosquito to the light. She didn't know why or how, but she felt something with Jon, which relived and scared her at the same time.

a/n: hey I hope you guys are staying safe out there! wear a mask and socially distance!
Can I start doing questions with you guys? some Q&A? Please reply so I don't feel stupid:
Q: what's one thing you're looking forward to? Something fun? Exciting?
(my) A: graduating this next year whoop whoop! What about y'all?
Thanks for reading !! I love you!
-stranger_starkid <3