Chapter 16 Out of Harms Way

Once the two had landed Miu stood up and half dragged Deidara away. She half dragged him over to a big tree that had an opening in the trunk. She made it so Deidara was laying down. He was bruised a bit and his shoulder was cut deep. His face grew pale as his blood left his body.

Miu crying silently, ripped off her shirt's sleeve and tied it around Deidara's wound to stop the bleeding. He flinched and groaned slightly from the pain but remained unconscious. Miu couldn't help but feel like this was all her fault. If she had paid attention to where she was going instead of acting like a zombie, Deidara would have never been hurt.

But it wasn't Miu's fault, and Deidara saved her not because he had to, not because Sasori told him to, not because Pein would have killed him if they lost Miu, but because he truly wanted to save the little angel girl who grew so fond of him.

Deidara had started to realize how much he truly cared for Miu, how much he had loved her. He wanted to protect Miu, even at the coast of his own life! Miu wanted to leave though, she didn't want to be a burden on her beloved Dei-Kun. But even though she wanted him to be free of her, she stayed put in the tree with him.

What if an animal found him and tried to eat him? What if he died of exposer? What if the demons and monsters came back looking for her but found Deidara instead? Bottom line was Miu wouldn't leave until she knew Deidara was alright. She had to make sure his sacrifices wouldn't be meaningless.

Deidara's shoulder was injured so badly he may never be able to throw clay with that arm ever again. The story was so tragic just thinking about his future. It brought more tears to Miu's eyes. Dei-Kun had loved his art, what was he without it?

Miu sighed and wiped away her tears before leaving the tree to look for herbs. When she was living with her father she had to get him medicinal herbs for his illness all the time. Treating Deidara's wounds would be mere childsplay. Once she had found all that was needed, she went back to the tree and got to work.

Luckily she had found a leaf with just enough fresh rain water. Miu lifted Deidara's head up carefully and parted his lips a bit before pouring the water carefully down into his mouth. Once Deidara swallowed from instinct, she laid his head back down and fixed him up.

She took care of the bruises and small cuts first so no more blood could be shed, then she fixed his shoulder up properly. Miu had to take Deidara's cloak off to do all of this. It may have been extremely dark outside with a bit of rain, but the moon had just enough light to shine through the cracks of the forest and onto them.

The temperature was dropping at a considerably fast rate. Miu was freezing but Deidara was burning up. She had to break his fever and keep him warm. Miu grabbed the ripped up blood stained cloak and laid it on top of Deidara, then she made it so his head was laying on her lap.

Miu looked down at the half dead blonde with her sad emerald green eyes that sparkled under the touch of the moon.

"Miu-Chan is sorry Dei-Kun..." Miu said sadly then looked over to the moon.

The only reason there was moon at all now, was because it was getting closer to morning, and the moon was changing it's phase. Miu was tired beyond imagine, but she had to stay awake for Deidara's sake. It somehow seemed colder as it slowly became morning.

The fresh scent of dew drops filled the air and the wind blew at a steady breeze. Miu carefully set Deidara so he was laying on the ground again, then she left to go find some food and more water. There wasn't much to offer here in this forest, but Miu did find a few blueberries and some more leafs with rain water.

It was only enough to feed one mouth and Miu could only carry so much. She wasn't that hungry anyway so she went back to feed Deidara. When she got there he was still asleep. Miu did her best to wake him up so he could eat. Before she gave up Deidara had woken up slightly.

He was confused and his vision was a bit blurry. His body hurt too much to move. When he and Miu began falling from the sky, Miu could only soften the fall a little. Since she wasn't strong enough to carry Deidara, they hit a few tree branches and things when they fell. Even Miu had a few cuts, and an injury to her leg she wasn't aware about.

She was so worried about Deidara, she had forgotten her pain. Deidara was panicking slightly but calmed down when his blurry sky blue eyes met Miu's green ones. Miu held the food to his mouth, helping him sit up a bit and he began to eat. When he was done, Miu gave him the rain water and wiped his mouth with her other sleeve.

Since Deidara was only half awake, it was no surprise that he had gone back to sleep. This cycle had continued for two days straight. Miu never treated her wounds, only Deidara's. She had never fed herself, only Deidara, she didn't drink, but gave water to Deidara. Miu also did not rest, but instead watched Deidara.

After all, Deidara was in a worse condition. He had lost a lot of blood from not just his shoulder but from his battle with the jinchuriki of the sand and leaf. He was covered in bruises and burns, and on top of that he had a high fever though his body felt cold like ice. It was amazing he was still alive.

Miu couldn't bare to see Deidara the way he was. She wanted to look away, to walk away and just cry, but if she did that then who would nurse Deidara back to health? Just when Miu was changing Deidara's shoulder bandages (tree sap, and leaves) Deidara had begun to wake up.

"M-Miu? What's going on un?" Deidara said and Miu's eyes widen.

"Dei-Kun!"

She smiled and hugged Deidara tightly with tears in her eyes when Deidara began to sit up. He groaned, still sore, and Miu loosened her grip. Deidara's fever had gone down and his shoulder was mostly healed. His body regenerated most of the blood so now he was out of harms way. He could easily walk if he tried and he felt fine, just a bit sore is all.

Miu continued to cry and Deidara continued to say nothing. He gently hugged Miu, calming her down. When Miu became silent again, she fell asleep just like that. Deidara looked at his surroundings and even noticed Miu's missing sleeve. He picked Miu up carefully and walked out of the tree before making a bird with the last bit of his clay.

He hoped on it with Miu and headed towards the base. Miu was now the one with the fever, not to mention she was starving, dehydrated, and cold. When Deidara got home, he took Miu to his room and placed her on the bed. He had Konan change Miu's clothes while he went to change himself.

When he came back he warmed up the fire in the fire place and helped Konan treat all of Miu's injuries. The one in her leg was infected so she wouldn't be walking for awhile, but she would be ok. The fever was small and should be broken when she wakes up. Deidara had his injuries checked and it turns out he'll be able to throw clay all the same as he did before. It was all thanks to Miu.

Konan then left to make Miu something to eat for when she wakes up. The artist and angel would both be ok. One would not have survived without the other in those past few days.

******************************************************************

Sorry this took so long you guys, I didn't mean to leave you at a cliff hanger for so long but my kitty Draco got diabetes and his kidneys weren't working so he had to be hospitalized. My mom nearly put him down and it made me really sad. Draco is nicknamed my shadow because he always follows me around all the time.

He's ok now thankfully but I have to help give him his shots and things so I've been a bit busy. Hope this was worth the wait everyone! Sorry if it seems too short.

PEACE!