nineteen | what he wanted

THERE, AT THE edge of Paz's bed, sat Blaise Zabini, looking incredibly anxious. For a moment, she though she still may have been dreaming. Astoria was currently in class and the door was locked, Paz wasn't all too sure how he had managed to get through the lock charm placed on her door. Or how he managed to get up to the girls dormitories in the first place.

Paz rubbed her eyes several times before sitting up, staring at Blaise on confusion.

"Good morning?" Paz offers, earning a soft laugh from Blaise.

"It's noon, happy to see you're finally awake." Blaise states.

"How did you get in my room?"

"Astoria let me in right before she headed off to Charms." Blaise shrugs his shoulders.

"And is there a reason you're here?" Paz questions, leaning back against her head frame of the bed.

Blaise stays quiet a moment.  Paz notices he seems to be thinking, possibly holding something back.  Despite growing up with Blaise, the two have personally not spent much alone time together. Paz knew he had to need something important, or else he wouldn't be here.

"Alright, first off, this needs to stay a secret. Pansy and Theo can never know I was here.." Blaise begins.  Paz tilts her head in confusion as he continues. "I'm tired of being on the wrong side of the war."

He falls back onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling.  Paz is unsure of what to do or say next, so she stays quiet until he speaks up again.

"I want to fight the good fight.  I always thought I had to be like my parents, but then I met you.  All these years you've gone against their wishes and look at you, you're practically in charge of an in school rebellion!" Blaise exclaims, throwing his hands in the air.

"I suppose so," Paz says carefully. Before she can continue, Blaise does.

"I want to join Dumbledore's Army." Blaise states abruptly.

Paz's eyes practically bulge out of her head.  She had not been expecting this, not today, not tomorrow, not ever to be honest. 

"Blaise," She begins, trying to think up the best way she can explain how this would go down, "It's really great that you want to fight against the Dark Lord and join the D.A, but you have to understand what comes along with it."

Blaise sits up and faces Paz, nodding his head eagerly.

Paz sighs and continues, "I was disowned from my family for fighting against the Dark Lord, I'm a target to the Carrows because of this, and when a war breaks out I'll most likely be one of the first dead.  Being raised on pure blooded beliefs and then going against them, I know it seems heroic, but it's sort of tragic when you really think of it.  In my parents eyes, I'm a traitor.  If you being in the D.A. gets out, you'll be looked at the same."

Blaise grows quiet, slumping his shoulders slightly.  After a moment, he lets out a loud groan of frustration. 

"It'll suck, but it's worth it.  I can't pretend to support the wrong side of the war any longer." Blaise states.

Although she feels as if this may backfire in Blaise's face, he eventually convinces Paz that it will all be alright.  Paz lets out a large sigh before getting out of bed and searching through her bag for the enchanted parchment and a spare chocolate card frog. 

Once finding them, she explains to Blaise the importance of the two items.  Paz has Blaise sign the parchment, just under Astoria's name, which was a shock to him, and then handed him the chocolate frog card.   Paz could tell that he was blown away at the measures the D.A. had taken to not get caught, and the consequences of snitching.