nine | dungeons

THE END OF October came with cold winds and rainy days.  Normally Quidditch would have been in full action, though not this year.  Quidditch was removed from Hogwarts, which seemed to bother nearly everyone, especially Ginny.

"I'd be at practice right now if the world wasn't losing its mind." She groans, letting herself fall backwards onto the couch behind her.      

"Save the world now, play Quidditch later." Paz says, following Ginny's actions.  She ends up sprawled out on the couch, her head laying in Ginny's lap.

Ginny lets out a loud groan of frustration. 

"To top my night off, I have detention in an hour."

Paz looks up, "Since when? For who?"

"Alecto." Ginny rolls her eyes.

"What about Alecto?" Neville asks, taking a seat in the chair next to them.  Ginny gasps.  Paz quickly sits up.  "What?"

Neville was sporting a huge gash across the right side of his face and acting as if this was a normal Friday night for him. 

"What the bloody hell happened to you?" Paz questions, getting up and examining the cut on his face.

"Amycus and I got in a bit of a row in the corridor just now, nothing that won't heal itself."

Paz and Ginny stared at him in confusion, blood still trickling down the side of his face.

"You bloody idiot." Ginny states, as she crosses her arms against her chest.

"Here," Paz begins, "Hold still a moment, let me try something."

"Episkey." Paz points her wand towards Neville's wound, watching as the cut somewhat heals itself.  It stays opened in some areas, though blood stopped flowing out.  "Tergeo." The new and dried blood left on his face disappears. 

Neville touches his wound, slightly wincing.

"Thanks Paz, that works much better than what I was planning on doing." Neville chuckles.

"What were you planning on doing?" Ginny quirks her eyebrow.

"Puttin' a bandaid on it, I suppose." The two girls laugh at this, Paz plopping back down next to Ginny. 

"Some of us should learn better healing spells, Episkey is for small wounds, I'm surprised it worked at all on you."

Neville nods in agreement. 

"Luna is familiar with them," Ginny begins, the three continuing to ponder about possibly D.A. members who could help them out.  "I'm sure with a bit of research you'd be good at them Paz."

"I'm no help when it comes to things like this," Paz laughs, "what I just did to Neville is my very best."

Ginny eventually set off for detention and Neville headed up to his dormitory to change out of his current outfit, which had several blood stains scattered over all of them.  Paz felt slightly out of place in the Gryffindor common room without any Gryffindor's, so she decided to do some of her homework in her own common room.

Leaving through the portrait hole, she stealthily brought herself back to the dungeons, entering the Slytherin house.  She took a seat on a large, emerald green chair in an empty corner, and took out her Divination work.  As November was approaching, Professor Trelawney had assigned another dream chart for the month. 

Paz had felt as if she came up with nearly every dream possible the last two months.  For the first week of November the dreams were very basic, like falling down the stairs, being late to Astronomy, her robes catching on fire because she stood too close to a fireplace.