~Crown of Shadows~

"Where's Ellie?" Kinsey asked, running her fingers along the deck railing.

"It's only been an hour," Tyler replied, mimicking his sisters actions.

"She should've been her by now, with the crown."

"We just need to wait, and stay ready."

"What happens if Mom comes home?"

"This'll all be over by then."

It was then that I noticed a tall figure making its way through the driveway. They were dressed in what looked like a black robe, which trailed behind them like a short wedding gown.

"Guys... look," I said, pointing to whoever it was.

"I hope you don't mind. I invited some friends."

It was Dodge. Her beady eyes looked even more blood-thirsty than usual. She kept on staring at us with her dark irises as she put on the crown, slowly rising her arms like Maleficent. Long shadows grew from where her feet were on the ground, flowing around the circular driveway. The blue car rattled as they passed under, something I thought was impossible just a few minutes prior.

"Just a scare tactic," Tyler started, watching the scene immensely. "Shadows are just shadows."

But he was wrong, in this case, because the car shot up and into the air. It fell down with the smash of a windshield and creaking metal.

"Get inside. Now!"

We followed the orders of the eldest Locke sibling, rushing inside with Kinsey close behind.

"Help me barricade the door!"

Her and Tyler pushed a desk to the door, creating a loud thump of rattling wood and bolt locks. Bode and I stayed behind, him holding a light up staff as what I thought as a weapon.

Kinsey screams, pointing to a wall in the living room. Though it was dark, I could see the outline of a person, demon, something creep across the wall. Two white, flashy eyes stared into ours as it dumped the red jar onto the floor. But Tyler, being defensive, rushed in to get the shadow to stop. But he was met with another one, wearing the crown. It must be Dodge as a shadow.

"The light," I said, rushing forward. I flipped the switch, and as soon as they came, they disappeared from the room.

"It's the lights. That's what stops them," Bode concluded.

"Turn on all the lights!" Kinsey shouted, slowly sitting up from her kneeling position on the floor. I nodded, making my way around the house. I could feel eyes staring at me, watching me, about to do something, then silence and the ghost of paranoia. The lights made them disappear from any place.

"The kitchen!"

A chorus f crashing and rattling could be heard from the kitchen over our ragged breaths. We opened the door, revealing six or so shadow creatures. Each one messed with something else, whether the silverware or the toaster.

Tyler was quick to turn on the lights, leaving nobody else except us, the mess of the room and the swinging chandelier.

"They want the Omega Key," Kinsey says, her heavy breathing coming down to normalcy.

"What are you doing?" I questioned Bode. He held some electrical tape over the key with the flame.

"Making a weapon with the Matchstick Key," he said, making his way into the hall. "Come and get me, shadow monsters!"

I could only shrink back as the whole bundle of shadows crept across the ceiling, indecipherable whispers escaping their sharp-teethed mouths. 

Just then, the rest of the power flickered off. The whole house was met with an eerie darkness.