Chapter 9- He Wasn't Lying After All

Chapter 9

I awoke the next morning to find myself alone in the dorm. This was just how I enjoyed starting my Sunday's. I rose from bed and stretched. My body still ached slightly, but it was nothing considered to how I had previously felt when awakening.

Walking to the bathroom, I reached for the faucet and turned the hot water on, filling the tub slowly. I began to disrobe and caught a glimpse of my body in the mirror. I groaned loudly.

Three quarters of my body was covered in bruises and lumpy, hastily healed scars. The majority of them were around my torso, but some had snaked their way down my arms. They wouldn't be easy to hide. Grabbing my wand I hastily tried a few spells that might heal them. No such luck. Today was going to be a long day. I crawled into the tub and sat there for a long while, thinking.

Had Draco been telling the truth? Was Harry the reason my body had been so torn apart? Was he putting me in danger by dating me? And stupidly enough, the most haunting question. Was he cheating on me?

I didn't know the answers to these questions but I set it upon myself to find them.

After and hour or so the water in the bath became cold so I took it as my que to get out. I climbed out of the bath drying myself quickly with a spell and wrapping my body in a towel.

Leaving the bathroom, I walked towards the dresser by my bed. I heard a gasp and whirled around. Hermione stood behind me, her mouth hanging open in shock. Crap.

"What happened?!?!?!" Hermione nearly screamed.

"Hush! Do you want the entire school to hear!" I snapped at her, quickly shutting the door.

"Your arms!" She said, horrified.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!" I snapped.

"Tell me!" She demanded,

"Promise not to tell anyone?" I made her swear.

"I promise!"

So I began the story. I didn't leave anything out. I had to tell someone everything that had been happening to me. I even included what Draco had said and how I had woken up in his arms.

"Bloody Hell." Hermione said. I jumped a little bit. I had never heard Hermione swear.

"What are you going to do?" She asked.

"I have no idea." I said honestly.

"Do you think Harry really is putting you in danger and cheating? Or do you think Draco is just trying to get him on his own." She said.

"He looked like he was telling the truth..." My voice trailed off.

"Well, whatever happens, I have your back." Hermione said plainly.

I became overwhelmed with a sense of love. I flung my arms around Hermione and began to sob.

"There, there it's ok!" Hermione comforted me.

"Thank you Mi." I said wiping my tears away.

"Anytime." She said smiling at me.

"So what are we going to do?" She asked me.

"We?"

"Yes we, we're going to find out if all the Draco says is true." Hermione explained.

"Well, I hadn't gotten that far yet." I said my voice trailing off.

"So we will start by making a plan..." Hermione started.

***

Hermione and I came up with a plan. She was going to watch Harry carefully throughout the next few days to see if Harry had any strange tendencies, such as leaving class at odd times and if he spaced out more than usual.