Chapter 29- Ron's Opinion

Addy POV

I stared, aghast.

I couldn't believe it. My brother Ron was standing before me.

Carefully stepping over the shattered glass, I moved towards Ron, staring with my mouth open.

"Hullo." He said awkwardly, raising one hand to give me an awkward little wave.

I crossed the last few feet between us and I threw my arms around him, feeling tears starting to pour out of my eyes.

"Addy don't cry! It's just me!" He said sounding panicked, returning my hug and trying to soothe me.

"Ron, where have you been!" I wept into his chest. Pulling back, I studied him closely.

He was thinner than ever before. And much paler too. His face was gaunt as if he hadn't been sleeping or eating and his freckles stood out in sharp contrast to his ashen skin. His flaming red hair made him look ghostly in the moonlight and his clothes were hanging off of his with frame.

Ron shrugged.

"We've been all over the country, now quit blubbering all over me." He said.

I began smacking him.

"Ronald! Weasley! What! On! Earth! Could! Possibly! Be! So! Important! You! Couldn't! Even! Send! An! Owl!" I said, smacking him between each word.

He grabbed my wrists.

"If you stop hitting me I'll tell you! Bloody hell, glad to know you haven't changed at all." He grumbled.

"I'm sorry, it's just we've been so worried." I said sheepishly, pulling my hands free.

Ron finally hugged me. I buried my face in his chest. He smelled like leaves and snow and smoke from a camp fire, also faintly like cat litter which bewildered me.

Ron loathed cats.

"I've missed you so much." He mumbled into my hair.

"Where have you been?" I said, my voice muffled by his chest.

"I think I may wait to tell you. I'm dead on my feet." He said, swaying slightly.

"Right, right. Here uh I'll take you to a bedroom." I said taking his hand and leading him from the entry hall and to the kitchen.

"I can wait to sleep but I'm starving. Got anything to eat?" He asked and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. After being gone for months the only thing he was truly interested in was food.

"We've got plenty." I smiled as he sat down at the table.

I whipped together a quick meal of sandwiches and pumpkin juice and Ron eyed it like a starving wolf.

When I sat it before him he grabbed it fast as a Cornish pixie.

Between bites he said, "So, tell me, what I've missed."

I bit my lip. Rather than being forthright and buying myself time to think I moved to clean up the broken glass from earlier.

I knew I couldn't tell him about Draco. That was for certain. But even more than that I didn't know if I should tell him about Ginny and the baby. I decided to play it safe.

"The Order has been working hard to keep everyone safe. But, we have lost some people." I said, sadly remembering the few people who had died in the last few months.

"I didn't know Ad. I'm so sorry who've we lost?" He asked sadly.

I told him the list.

"We listen to Potter Watch every night to hear the list." I said quietly.