Chapter 26- The Dark Lord's Promise

Okay guys I really hate to do this to you, but I became aware of some serious grammatical errors and plot discrepancies from early on when I was a new writer. SO I went back to Chapter One, renaming the chapters and editing them as well. So, it would be highly beneficial if you would go back and retread the entire story. AGAIN, I am SO SO SORRY TO DO THIS TO EVERYONE!! I DO IT FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT AND BENEFIT!!!

Draco POV

Morning came much too soon.

The watery sun started creeping in through the frosted window of our bedroom and Addy stirred. I hadn't slept.

"Good morning." She said smiling and squinting her eyes sleepily.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." I said, kissing her forehead.

Allissia was still sleeping so we quietly got up and made our way into the kitchen.

Addy busied herself making breakfast and everything was quiet. We were the first ones up.

"You have to go back today?" Addy asked sounding irritated.

"We need the information." I said, knowing this could very well lead to a fight.

"But why does it have to be you?" She said, throwing he spoon down and turning to look at me.

"Why can't it be any of the other spies?" She said angrily.

I stood up walking to her and wrapping her in my arms.

She's stood stiffly against me before she melted in to my chest, shaking.

"I'll be fine." I said, smoothing her wild hair down.

"I hate when you leave." She shuddered harder.

"I know. I do too." I didn't want to finish my thoughts of how I hated being away from her and Allissia. The last thing I need was her using that to her advantage to keep me here.

"Every time you come back I get more and more sure you won't come back. I couldn't bare to think what would happen if you didn't." I kissed the top of her head, trying to soothe her.

"Addy. I need you to be strong here. You're already so strong, but I need you to take care of Allissia. You know that you two are my world now. Whatever happens I want you to stay safe. If that means running and hiding, you run and hide. Everything will be okay, but just remember that." I hugged her tightly.

"I will." She said, raising her chin and looking me in the eye.

I needed to go, but I lingered looking at her.

She took a deep breath.

"You should go now." She said, closing her eyes as if saying it had hurt.

"You're right." I said, reluctantly.

"I love you." I told her.

"I love you too." She said kissing me.

And with that I turned and walked outside and out of the protective enchantments, turning on my heel and disappearing.

**********

I landed at home.

After spending so much time at Shell Cottage, seeing my childhood home made me feel strange.

I had grown accustomed to the warmth and laughter that was so common at Shell Cottage. Without fail, there were always people stopping in and there was always an amiable, comfy sense of being cramped together. It was alien compared to the manor.

The front gates wrought iron gate and giant hedges that rose up around the perimeter seemed cold and harsh. The gothic architecture seemed foreboding now.