Chapter 16- Passing Time

Sorry for the delay everyone! The past few months have been so busy! And in the past few weeks i lost a very close friend to suicide. Rest In Party Ian "Yung Ezy" Freeman 4/14/11 I'm sorry I missed the signs, see you on the other side.

Chapter 16

Draco POV

Bringing Addy here was a huge mistake. I shouldn't have let her win that argument. So far she had met Lord Voldemort and gotten cheeky with him. She had nerve, and that's why I loved her.

She was clever. Exceedingly clever. And fearless which made her reckless. God she was a mess, but she wasn't at the same time. And she was a bloody fast learner. We had been here for 1 week. Just one week. And she could already apparate. It had taken me months to learn and here she was already doing it after only a few tries!

As for me? Things were.... difficult. I lived in fear. Lord Voldemort had left the Manor. I had no idea where he had gone. Had no idea when he would return. People were saying he had gone abroad. It made me jumpy. Addy was safe. She was hidden from everyone in the Manor. But Allissia wasn't. My mother wasn't allowed to be alone with her. I wasn't allowed to see her. And I had another mission soon. I had to think fast. I came up with a plan...

Addy POV

It had been 2 1/2 months since I had left Hogwarts. 2 1/2 months since I'd spoken with my family other than a quick note "I'm safe. don't worry or look for me. Be back as soon as possible. all my love Addy."

Draco was crazy. He was going on another mission. And I had one now too. I was going to save Allissia. I had learned to apparate quickly and hadn't splinched myself. And I knew the plan down pat....

Draco had just left on his new mission. I crept silently down the hallway. I reached the stairs and heard voices, I whipped my wand out and cast a disolusionment charm just in time to hide myself from Draco's mother. She was.... crying. I weighed my options. And removed the spell.

"Narcissa?" I said softly.

She whirled around.

"What." she hissed, wiping her face quickly.

"Are you alright?" I said quietly.

"Yes." She snapped, too quickly.

"I'm going to free her." I whispered, suddenly.

Narcissa froze.

"W-What?" She stammered.

"I'm going to free her." I said, looking her dead in the eyes.

Hope and wonder filled them.

She rushed at me and hugged me tightly.

This I had not been expecting.

I hugged her back warily.

"Save my baby. Please." She whispered.

"I will. But I need someone to cause a distraction." I said hurriedly.

"It is done." She said thickly.

***

I crept silently down the staircase and into the nursery.

Fenrir was sleeping and Alissia was in her crib.

I slid into the room and edged to the crib. I bent and carefully lifted her sleeping form.

Fenrir snorted in his sleep and I froze.

He stopped moving.

I breathed again.

Edging carefully ut of the room my foot slipped and hit one of Alissia's toys.

Bells went off and Fenrir's eyes shot open.

"WHAT HAVE WE HERE?" He bellowed.

With a gasp I turned on my heel and apparated to Shell Cottage.

We made it.