Prisoner of Hope.

Hopefully, this chapter gives you a bit of an insight of Eryn's past, but if not it's okay, because her past will all unfold throughout the chapters. (But you will understand the reason why Eryn is so willing to help)

Anyways, this is just a filler chapter & hopefully it isn't too boring.

This chapter as been edited as of March 9, 2014.

**

ERYN

        "The catch? Have I finally caught your attention?" I teased, raising an eyebrow. Never would've I have thought, that I would talk to a god -well demi-god-, nonetheless have more power over him as I did now. It's a feeling that I could definitely get used to.

        "You've always had my undivided attention." He replied with an arrogant smile.

        "Smooth," I said sarcastically untouched by his words. They were beginning to bore me.

     "Something that he isn't, I believe." Loki said nodding towards an adorably confused Jared. I shrugged because I had no answer to that. Jared may be one of the smartest people I know, but when it comes to being charming and flirtacious...Well, let's just leave it at that.

     "I can get you out of here. If you wish to no longer be a prisoner of S.H.I.E.l.D, then you will be a prisoner of mine. You will push aside your negative amibitions, go by my rules and you will live with me until I think you’re a good enough person to live on your own."

       "Is that all?"

       "That is all. Do you accept my terms?" I asked.

       "Eryn, you're not serious about this, are you?" Jared interjected.

     I had almost forgotten that Jared was here, too. I turned around to look at him. His eyes were wide and frantic. He had every reason to be. "I know what I'm doing. Just trust me."

       "You know-"

   "Trust me." I repeated pleadingly. I don't blame Jared if he doesn't want to trust me. I am jeopardizing both of our jobs for the sake of a criminal whom I've just met. But he did. Turning around to face Loki, I noticed that he no longer wore his trademark smirk. That and he was staring at me intently, making me nervous.

        "Why are you so willing to help me?"

      "You remind me of someone I used to know." I told him softly, thoughts drifing to memories of my grandfather. I frowned, lifting my gaze up to meet with Loki's once again. "And you're not the only one who's been betrayed and lied to by someone we thought we could trust and love."