Blazing Fires

Meanwhile, in another part of the world, a human had come to one conclusion; If they couldn't harm the nations directly, they could do so through their land.

They could not care less on the fact they were very close to waging war upon themselves. They were on the very brink of chaos.

It was for this very reason that Australia woke up violently in the midst of the night, screaming all the air out of his lungs. His tan skin was soaked in a cold swear, but he felt as though someone was burning him alive from the inside out, which was not too far from the truth.

Every inch of him felt as though it were on fire. Images of crackling flames across his land flashed before his hazel eyes, and in his writhing agony, he realised that he was truly on fire. For hours he lay, screaming and sobbing, crying out to make this torment cease, but his desperate please were only answered midday, when the contained, but nevertheless large, fire had been put out.

It took another good hour for Australia to shakenly climb to his feet and stumble out of the room, features still contorted in a mask of utter pain. Deep down, he knew humans had done this purposefully, but he refused to believe it, as he could not wrap his head around why anyone would ever wish to do such a thing.

It was sick and twisted, yet it was human.

What the suffering nation was not aware of was that his every move had been recorded and watched by those very same humans who were beyond satisfied with their result. Messages on the topic were exchanged rapidly, and people begun to take matters a step further in this game of turning tables.

Every night, multiple terrorist attacks struck down in different countries. The now weakened nations caught on fast, but none found a will to act. They started this revolution of theirs for peace, but the world was edging towards a third major war.

There was also the looming fact that if a war were to break out, it would be the worst of all; It would be the nations faced against their own citizens. A final game of humanity's, the last level where in attempts to stump a common foe, humanity destroys itself.

Utter chaos would be unleashed. The most ironic part of it all was that this time, unlike any other, there was nothing, entirely, absolutely nothing, any mortal or immortal could do about it.

The end of the world was approaching fast, and no one could prevent it from occurring. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really need to start setting a length for my chapters... They're legit anywhere from 300-700 words. Why am I like this.

I'm probably never going to.

Bear with me. 

But I hate limits.

So, I feel truly very bad for doing this to Jett, but if I let that get in the way, I wouldn't have written a few chapters in which other characters *cough cough* Suffer *cough*

But yes, that's how it is. Maybe I should stop mentioning how much I appreciate comments, votes and reads.

Oops.

I just did it again.

Ah well.

Ciao till the day after tomorrow~!