Magic

Magic.

An otherworldly idea many risked their lives to obtain. Others claimed it to be the talk of madmen.

What was it, in reality?

It could be that flicker of a flame in a closed room.

It could be that man across the street whose heart burned itself out.

It could be that shiny, luminous butterfly, or...

It could be that red-eyed shadow that was the nightmare of your every waking moment.

Magic is a puppet, dependent on it's puppeteer to pull the strings.

Now, here the puppeeter was England, and the stage was the land of England. The audience? Why, the citizens, of course. It was small, simple, and barely noticeable. Just a whisper here, a flick of a hand there, and the entire population of England knew of the personifications and their superiorty. 

All it took was for 'Arthur Kirkland' to meet up with some especially influential people, and they did the rest. It was always like that. The Great British Empire was not foolish, no, he was far form it.

He had learned to look at life like a house of cards. Place the right card, and it becomes perfect. Pull one, and it all comes crashing down. There were multiple centuries when he would watch in horror, helpless, as it would all crack and crumble down on top of him, suffocating him. 

Yet there came a day when he only had to blow lightly, and it would all collapse in front of his power-hungry eyes. He didn't like that being stripped from him.

He owned that privelege, and he was going to make sure the world knew it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, one more chapter in this style to go!

Now, I always really loved Empire!England and Pirate!England, because yes, the dude is power-hungry, and he acts like he owns the world, because at a point in time, Britain owned most of it anyway.

That's why I tend to represent England as more dangerous, sly, cunning, and all that jazz in my stories.

But yeah, votes, comments, reads are a blessing to me from y'all!

Ciao till the day after tomorrow~!