Hatred Explained ~ 11

It had been a week since the wedding, and Bellatrix had managed to make an excuse to stay with Voldemort the whole night. Now, it was 2 am and they were both lying in the bed.

"Bella why do you have so many enemies?" Voldemort asked her, both of them unable to sleep.

"It's simple. People do stuff to piss me off, and that starts a rivalry," she replied absentmindedly.

"And what do you mean by that?" Voldemort asked, curious.

"What do you want me to tell you?"

"Why you hate Snape, Malfoy, Sirius, Carrow; the list goes on."

"Well, Sirius is easy. He keeps humiliating me in school and making fun of me, so I just told on him a lot and now he hates me so I hate him."

"How about Malfoy?"

Bellatrix tensed up. "Why do you want to know?"

"Bella? Is there something you're not telling me?" Voldemort asked, suspicious.

"Er..no?" Bellatrix muttered.

"Bella, you can tell me anything you know," Tom prodded.

Bellatrix sighed, "Do you really have to know?"

"Yes," Voldemort said firmly.

Bellatrix gave an even bigger sigh, and covered her face in her hands.

"I used to have a crush on Lucius," she whispered, her voice muffled by her hands.

"Bella, speak louder, I can't hear you." 

"I USED TO LIKE LUCIUS!" she blurted, unable to keep her secret any longer.

Voldemort blinked. "When?" he asked after a while.

"From my first to fifth year in Hogwarts," she said, more quietly now.

"But Cissy started liking him and he seemed to like her..." she trailed off.

"So all this time you hated him because he liked your sister?" Voldemort asked.

"Yeah, and I guess I managed to convince myself that he's a dumb idiot," she snickered at the last part.

Voldemort furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you still have feelings for him?" he asked, silently praying.

"Merlin, no!" she exclaimed, "Cissy can have him for all I care!"

Tom laughed, relieved. He was still curious about the others.

"How about Snape and Carrow?"

"Well, I don't like Severeus," she chuckled at that, "because I'm scared he is more powerful than me," she admitted.

Tom raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, no way is that man more powerful than you. No need to worry."

"But he's so close to beating me!" she protested.

Tom reminded her, "But he never does."

Bellatrix sighed.

"What about C-"

Bellatrix interrupted, "Okay, if you keep asking about people than I'll be stuck here for years. Let's just put it like this; I hate everyone except you and Cissy. And maybe Romy."

"Being stuck here with you wouldn't be that bad," Tom said, pulling Bellatrix to his chest.

He gave her a cheeky grin, and she rolled her eyes, before kissing him. 

"Have you  ever liked someone besides me?" Bellatrix asked.

Tom was quick to answer, "No, I've only ever loved you."

Bellatrix smiled into his chest, and snuggled closer to him. She was so glad she had met him. Bellatrix's mind drifted to other things, and before she knew it, she had slowly drifted off to sleep. Tom stayed awake for a bit before he too fell asleep, Bellatrix warm at his side.