Dark Mark ~ 9

It has been 2 weeks since graduation, and Bellatrix was preparing for her second Death Eater meeting.

She had continued training with Voldemort, where everything was dead serious, and there was no mention of their romantic feelings for each other during that period of time. Bellatrix had grown stronger and even more menacing, and she was prepared to knock some sense into people if needed. She even learned Occlumency and Legimency, becoming a master of those two spells.

Bellatrix got ready to apparate to the Death Eater meeting. Druella and Cygnus were doing a private mission for the Dark Lord, and wasn't going to be back until the following day, so Bellatrix set off alone, leaving her sisters Narcissa and Andromeda behind.

In an act of mockery towards Carrow, Bellatrix had done her makeup, hair, and outfit in the exact style Carrow had in the first Death Eater meeting, to show that even with Carrow's style she could look 100 times more beautiful. She couldn't wait to see Carrow's reaction.

After taking a quick look in her mirror, she set off. She was the first one there, which left her alone with Voldemort. As soon as he saw Bellatrix, he knew her intentions. He smirked at her, and Bellatrix winked back, an evil smile crossing her face.

There were loud pops as the other members of the Inner Circle arrived. Alecto was the third to arrive, and when she looked at Bellatrix, her mouth dropped open in disbelief. She did not expect Bellatrix to take their instant hatred for one another to that extent. Carrow held her head high, and looked away from Bellatrix, instead focusing on the Dark Lord. She got even more upset when she saw that the Dark Lord was trying his best to hide his smirk. Carrow averted her gaze from him, and looked straight in front of her, refusing to meet the amused faces of the other members, who had all arrived. Her face burned red with embarrassment. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Bellatrix shoot her a victorious grin, and her eyes burned with fury.

"Now that you have all arrived," Voldemort said in his velvety voice.

"I have two very important announcements. First, we have yet another new member," he began.

Everyone was in shock. Another member in the Inner Circle so soon?

"Malfoy, please come out."

Bellatrix's mouth dropped open as she saw the annoying Lucius Malfoy walk in, with all the cockiness that could fit in his body.

He winked at Bellatrix, and she stuck her tongue out in response.

"The name's Lucius Malfoy, one of the Sacred 28," Lucius said.

Bellatrix rolled her eyes, and Lucius smirked at her. Voldemort frowned. How many people did Bellatrix make rivalries with?

"Anyways, the next bit of news," Voldemort continued.

"I will be giving the Dark Mark to two members today," Bellatrix grinned, already knowing one was her.

The Death Eaters straightened their backs in curiosity. Carrow leaned closer. So far, the only Death Eaters with a Dark Mark was Barty Crouch Jr and Dolohov.

"Bellatrix and Malfoy, please come to me," Voldemort said.

Everyone gasped in surprise, while Bellatrix and Lucius grinned. For once they could agree on something: this was one of the best moments ever. There were a few grumbles, but Voldemort silenced them with a glare. Carrow was fuming, her whole face red with anger and frustration.

"Bella, you're up first," Voldemort gently told her.

Many people frowned at his sudden change in tone, but didn't comment on it.

Bellatrix nervously stepped closer.

"This is gonna hurt a bit," Voldemort quietly said.

Belllatrix nodded, determined to not show pain.

"Please extend your left arm," he instructed.

She did as she was told. Voldemort pressed the tip of his wand on her forearm, and made her recite a vow.

"I, Bellatrix Black, pledge my full loyalty to the Dark Lord, and will do everything under his name. He will be my present and future. He will guide me when I am in trouble, and protect me. I will forever remain faithful, no matter the cost."

She smiled as she finished the last line. She felt a sudden pain, and looked down to see the dark ink slithering out of the wand, resting itself on her pale skin. When it was finally done, Bellatrix raised her arm to admire it, much like she did with the bracelet.

Next, Lucius stepped forward, and did the same thing. He slightly flinched to Bellatrix's delight, but then quickly composed himself. He too admired the mark before rolling his sleeves back down.

The whole time Carrow watched with envy.

"Now that that is settled, we will discuss the progress of your missions, and see what must get done," Voldemort stated once Lucius and Bellatrix had sat back down.

He rambled on and on about missions, and Bellatrix tuned him out, thinking instead of how beautiful the Dark Mark looked against her pale skin. She found herself glancing at it over and over again, refusing to roll down her sleeves.

Voldemort noticed her doing so, and shot Bellatrix a quick glance, Bellatrix too fixated on the mark to notice.

He smirked. "Bella, could you repeat what I said?"

Bellatrix looked up, surprised, but when she saw the smirk on his face, she knew he was teasing her. She rolled her eyes at him, which received a few collective gasps, and pretended to be deep in thought.

"Hmmm....I think you were talking about a raid next month?"

Voldemort looked surprised. "So you were listening..."

Bellatrix shot him a winning smile. "I'm Bellatrix. I know everything that goes on, even when I'm distracted. It's a family thing."

Carrow gave a sigh of annoyance as she angrily watched the Dark Lord and Bellatrix's exchange. She had served the Dark Lord longer, yet she got the mark, she got the attention, she got everything!

"Carrow, is there something you would like to say?"

Carrow blushed. The Dark Lord noticed her anger. But of course, she couldn't tell him how she really felt.

"I'm fine, my Lord, thank you for asking."

Voldemort shrugged and continued the meeting.

After a few more discussions, the meeting wrapped up.

"My Lord, may I speak to you privately?" Bellatrix asked.

Tom raised an eyebrow, "Sure Bella."

Everyone took that as a sign to leave, and they did. When they were finally alone, again, Bellatrix told him the bad news.

"Tom..." she whispered.

"Yes, Bella?"

"The arranged marriage is in 2 days!" she cried, bursting into tears.

Voldemort was taken aback, but he knew this day would come. He hugged Bellatrix as she cried into his shoulder. He knew how much she didn't want this marriage.

"If only I could be with you," she said after a bit of crying.

Both of them blushed, and Bellatrix regretted saying that.

"Er-sorry, that slipped out of me."

Tom chuckled, knowing very well she meant it.

"Oh Bella," he said,

He pulled her closer to him.