Presents ~ 5

Bellatrix woke up, and realized someone was holding her. She swiveled her head around, and gasped. It was Tom, sound asleep. He was only a few inches from her face, and she could see his chest rising up and down. In that moment he looked so vulnerable, not at all like the powerful, tough man she had come to know. She liked this side of him, because it gave her higher hopes of him loving her back. She smiled, and kissed his cheek before he could wake up.

Little did she know, Voldemort was already awake. His cheeks reddened when she kissed his cheek, and his heart started beating so fast he wondered if it could jump out that very moment. Bellatrix was unaware of this, and had turned her head back to sleep more, trapped in his strong grip. He waited for about 15 minutes so it didn't seem suspicious, and then "woke up."

She smiled at him, and they got changed into what they would be wearing for the day.

"Bella!" Narcissa called, "Come open the presents with us!"

"One moment! I just woke up!" she replied. 

She quickly combed her hair, took a quick shower, and brushed her teeth. When she was finally ready to start her day, she smiled at Voldemort once more, causing his heart to thump. He very stupidly smiled back.

"Merry Christmas," Tom said.

"Merry Christmas," she replied, grinning.

"So, do you have a gift for me?" he joked.

"Oh yeah, I prepared it before the dinner yesterday," she said. Tom was taken aback, not expecting that.

Bellatrix opened a drawer in her bedside table, and took out a neatly wrapped present in crimson wrapping paper, complete with a big, glittery silver bow. She handed it to Tom, excited for his reaction.

"Open it!" she told him.

He did what she said, and unwrapped the beautiful paper as gently as he could, trying not to tear it. He gasped when he saw what it was. Helga's cup.

"H-how did you get this?" he asked, curious. He had been longing for this for months.

"I have my ways," Bellatrix replied, giving him a sly grin.

"Thank you so much, you know me so well," he said, truly touched in that moment.

"But please don't create any more horcruxes after this one," Bellatrix warned.

Voldemort frowned. "I need to become immortal!" he protested.

"Tom, listen. Horcruxes are very dangerous to make, and you may get hurt. Your soul will literally be broken apart, which will make it impossible to love. You simply can't give another part of you to someone if you make any more horcruxes."

"First off Bella, I can protect myself. You don't need to worry about me getting hurt. Second, why do you care if I can't feel love? Love is for weak people."

At this, Bellatrix felt tears trickling down her face. Voldemort looked at her in horror. He didn't mean to make her cry.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU! LOVE IS NOT WEAK! IT CAN BE POWERFUL!" she screamed at him. The tears were really starting to come down. 

How could this man she had admired so much, the only person she ever felt that way towards, not care about love? To say love is weak, her feelings for him were weak. It was like him saying he would never love her, and that may be what he was trying to point out.

Voldemort stared at her again in horror. He knew he loved her too, but he couldn't allow it. He couldn't let it happen. Quickly, he put a silencing charm on the door, and walked up to her.