TWENTY ONE

I had to wait patiently till Keith got back from her date before I texted her all about how I got my baby back. Trust Keith on things like this, she came over in a jiffy and screamed on my front porch

"I'm a god mother!!!!"

Jannie turned to look at me and muttered "I bet that girl fell off the bed as a toddler"

We burst out laughing hilariously. Keith was surely the crazy type. She was so fascinated by the baby.

"What's her name?" she asked as she held her and everyone turned to look at me.

"Domm" I said and Dom switched his gaze to me.

"You want something?" He asked and I shook my head, laughing.

"I mean her name is Dominique. Domm for short" Keith let out a shrill awwwwwwwn and everyone in the room either rolled their eyes or sigh exasperatedly.

Keith was a complete nutjob

Mom smiled at me and rose to go into the kitchen.

"I'm gonna make dinner" and Jannie went with her.

"No one invited me but I'm gonna wait for dinner" Rick scowled and stood up..

"It's kind of a family thing" He said and I but my lower lip.

Oh no

"What??!" Keith eyed him maliciously and taunted. "I'm more of her family than you are" I gasped and looked at her. She was smiling harmlessly at Rick who almost grimaced before walking off.

Keith stood up and came with me to the room.

"Can we play dress up with her tomorrow?" She piped up, sucking the  invincible remainders at the bottom of the soda can in an irritating way.

"What?" I knocked the can away from her hand and Domm woke up, startled. She cried out in an adorable baby voice and I made to go over to the bed and gather her close when Keith slapped the back of my head sharply.

My cry joined that of Domm and I scowled at her.

"You woke her, you hobo!" she snapped and I rolled my eyes, watching her pick Domm up and cuddle her.

"Don't just sit there... Make a bottle for her" she ordered.I groaned and obeyed.

She gave her the bottle and burped her afterwards. I looked on, fascinated. Just like that, I had my baby back.

"Dinner is ready Chris, Keith." I heard Rick call and Keith snickered.

"Is it me or your pathetic brother is now a 'trying-to-be-a-nice-ass' kind of brother?"

I rolled my eyes and tucked Domm into arms as we headed downstairs.

"Baked rice!... Oh it's been ages since I've had it" Keith dropped into Rick's seat and I stifled my laughter. She opened the dish meant for him and seemed taken aback by the amount of food in it.

"What do you think I am? A locomotive? I don't eat this much" She complained and before I could tell her to come take her rightful seat beside me, Rick shook the chair, frightening her.

"Rick, be nice" I smirked and Keith stood up.

I patted the seat beside me and she smiled. Jannie smiled too

She liked Keith but who wouldn't.. She's a great person

Mom poured glasses of champagne in celebration of Domm.

We had fun till late night before Keith left and I hated to see her go.

Mom helped me get Domm ready for bed, dressing her in the onesie Keith had chosen for her before leaving.