NINE

By the time we had finished talking about everything we wanted to relate about our families, we had relaxed more in each other's presence. Damn, he even laughed at my jokes.

So I decided I'd ask him to be honest with me... "Do you think I could learn martial arts?" I asked and waited for his reaction.

"It can be painful" he said briefly and I could recall the image of the girl I had seen getting kicked in the back but that wasn't enough to discourage me.

"I want to do it anyway" I said stubbornly and he shook his head.
"I can't teach you though" he said and my heart broke all over again. After all of these, I thought we were friends.

"Yeah, thanks" I murmured and he looked at me.
"You'd have to ask your Gran first"

I stayed mute..

That's the point you cakehead... Gran mustn't know... He'll freak if he does...

"Never mind..." I rolled my eyes and stood up..

"Okay" I heard him say as I walked away and I cursed within me..

Dumbass Dumbass Dumbass!!!

My heart was literally bleeding as I made my way to down the hill.. Sliding dangerously down and then I sat in a corner, hugging my knees to my chest as I fought back tears.

But tears for what??
He's not obligated to like me.. He had made that clear yesterday.. We'll, so much for a perfect holiday.. This was definitely gonna ruin my upcoming birthday. It was in five days.

I sniffed,cleaning my nose with my shirt sleeve when I felt a presence towering over me and I snatched my head up.
It was a guy I had never seen before.

"Hello beautey" He said in an heavily accented tone...
I scrambled to my feet and saw two other rough looking guys join us. The first one smiled, showing his horrible dental condition.
I stepped back from him and looked at the other two. I tried not to appear scared.

"I'll leave, I don't want any trouble" I said backing away when he grabbed my hand and twisted me around, putting me in the crook of his arms..i couldn't move at all.

Fear raised bile in my throat as I thought of Dom... Oh my gosh, I wished he would appear out of the blue when the smelly rogue holding me nipped at my nape.. I squirmed violently but he didn't budge.. I could feel his tongue too and my skin crawled... The other two made to come closer and that was when I realized I was in real danger and no one could help me.

One of them got within my reach and I kicked him in the crotch sending him reeling backwards and crashing on the sand..

The tight hold I was in made it difficult for me to breathe, let alone scream so I just thrashed against him, tears running down my cheeks.

"Let's go" The other I didn't kick said and the guy holding me flipped me over onto his shoulder giving me the chance to scream and that was what I did..
I screamed like my life depended on it
I clawed at my carrier's eyes and he shoved me off. I took to my heels and sure enough, they came after me.

What did they want from me??

I looked back to see if they were gaining ground on me and yes, they were.

Looking forward, I crashed into something hard and solid. My head hurt so bad as I dropped to my knees dog tired..

"It's Li!!" I could hear the panic in their voices as well as their retreating footsteps. They were running away.

"You're okay?" Jamil asked stooping and palming my face tenderly and tears welled in my eyes.

"Come here" He muttered before pulling me into a tight embrace. I held on to him for dear life as I sobbed hard... Only God knows what they would have done to me if Jamil hadn't come looking for me.

"It's okay" He cooed and kissed my forehead. I sniffed repeatedly still scared outta my wits.

He helped me to my feet still holding me close to him.

He started walking slowly towards the way that led back to the temple.

"I told you not to go anywhere without me" I could hear a menacing annoyance in his voice and I couldn't argue so I just replied meekly...

"I'm sorry"... His grip on my waist tightened as we ascended the hill.

He took me to my room and helped me onto the bed.

"You're okay?" He whispered, kissing my bruised ankles. They looked like I had had them in tight cuffs.. Even on my black skin, it showed pinkness and they really hurt.

He urged me to lay further in bed and got a wet towel to my forehead. I looked at him and smiled. Our gazes locked and his heat enveloped me, making me a little too dizzy.

"Chris" he muttered before dipping his head and kissing me deeply. I moaned and tugged closer, the feel of his lips acting like the antidote I needed to ease the banging pain in my skull and arms. He pulled my hoodie off of me and covered us with the blanket, unbuttoning my jeans.

The last thing I remembered before passing out was the feel of his palm on my naked breast..

Hey guys, we're getting closer and closer to the end of this part so we can start the second part of the sequel. Please remember to vote after reading and suggest to your friends..

Thanks for reading...

Love___Crowner