Ch14: Mediating Conflicting Sisters is a Tough Job

The crowd at live house CiRCLE cheered wildly as Lisa and her bandmates ended their third and final song of the day. Yukina bowed to the audience, then made eye contact with the others. Having finished their task, they soon leave the stage. Lisa and Ako waved and smiled brightly to their band's very first fans, while the other three walked straight to the backstage.

The wave of congratulations continued as Roselia returned to the dressing room. A couple of bands that performed in the same live session complimented their performance. Lisa was kind of anxious because she made a couple of mistakes back there, but receiving positive feedback made her feel much more confident.

Roselia members gathered at a table in the center of the room. Yukina stated that their evaluation session for today's gig was going to be held tomorrow when they would do another rehearsal. Aiming high, Roselia practiced real hard for a band that consisted of school girls.

"Oh, right! Lisa-nee's going to a concert, huh?" said Ako. "That's a shame..." The middle school student's shoulders declined. "I want us to go celebrate our debut somewhere..."

"No need for celebrations." Yukina shook her head. "It's not like we're doing this for fun."

Lisa whispered to the petite drummer, "Dontcha worry, Ako. I'm going to persuade Yukina to eat out after tomorrow's rehearsal."

The chemistry of Roselia was still far from perfect. Awkward might be a proper word to describe their relationship, especially if talking about Yukina and Sayo who were serious all the time and spared no time for what they deemed as unconstructive activities. Lisa considered all of her bandmates as friends, but it seemed those two saw the others as mere colleagues... which was kind of sad, if she could be honest.

"By the way..." Lisa approached the guitarist. "Sayo, are you coming?"

"I'd rather practice the guitar." Sayo stored her navy blue guitar into its case. "I made a mistake during the outro of 'Six Trillion Years and Overnight Story'."

"Eh, that Vocaloid cover? You can always practice later~" Lisa gave a light tap to her bandmate's shoulder. "Come on! It's not every day your little sister has a second debut."

Sayo stared at Lisa's hand. She seemed rather uncomfortable with skinship, so Lisa let go of the older Hikawa twin's shoulder.

"...I couldn't care less about that." Sayo carried the guitar case to her back. "It's her own fault for taking part in that farce."

"M-maybe so, but still..."

Sayo clicked her tongue. "Did Hina ask you to pester me?"

"Huh? No!" Lisa shook her head. "Please don't be mad at Hina..." the brunette said weakly. "She didn't ask me to do anything, really."

"Don't be a busybody, then."

Sayo soon left the dressing room. Lisa and the other Roselia members could only look at one another in silence before Ako raised a question about the Hikawa sisters' relationship. Lisa didn't know what exactly happened to them, so she couldn't say much. Yukina then cut their talk, saying that prying into others' business would just create unnecessary conflict.

»↠ ≈☆≈ ↞«

CiRCLE was a live house that doubled as a music studio. The place was quite a hit for indie music goers in the Shinjuku area. Although there wasn't much activity at the public area now because people were still watching the remaining bands that held a gig this afternoon.

Lisa went straight to the lobby as she left the dressing room. The corridors were empty, but from the small glass panel on the door, she could see that most of the studio was rented.