Ch11: Torn Apart by Two Goddesses

Kaoru Seta gazed at an electric guitar laid on a coffee table before her. It was white as ivory with golden ornaments. Its strings were platinum-colored. Six strings that made her recalled a few goddesses who represented Virgo, the sixth astrological sign in the zodiac. She lifted the musical instrument then brushed on its surface with a gentle touch. The curves were so flawless that it might rival the statue of a Greek goddess.

"Aah, this is the epitome of beauty!"

The theater club star waved her free arm dramatically. If she were on stage, a spotlight would illuminate her lonesome figure.

"Kaoru, have you thanked your grandfather?"

That voice came from the kitchen. It belonged to her mother, who had been preparing lunch boxes for Kaoru and her father since a while ago.

"Why, of course, Mother. That was the first thing I did when I uncovered the package."

Kaoru stroked her purple lock, which was let loose and still in bed head mode but looked dazzling nonetheless. But alas, Mrs. Seta didn't see that motion due to the kitchen rush.

The sixteen-year-old received yet another present from her dear grandfather, although Christmas and her birthday had long gone by. A day barely passed since Kaoru told him the news of her joining a merry band. And then, in this fine morning, a huge package was delivered to Seta Household's doorstep. It was so early that Kaoru herself was still asleep when the delivery courier rang the bell.

"How long are you going to look at the guitar?" Kaoru's mother shouted from the kitchen. "You have school today. Get ready, then eat breakfast."

"Coming!" Kaoru replied.

The girl put her precious guitar into a black hard case and left the living room, but not before uttering a goodbye:

"It was tormenting that we should be separated, right after we just met..." She glanced at the guitar case. "Aah, our moment together is utterly fleeting."

»↠ ≈☆≈ ↞«

In the end, Kaoru was unable to part with her newly-obtained guitar. Thus, she brought her lover to school.

Astraea attracted attention because Kaoru's friends didn't know that she played guitar. Not that she could blame them. The girl only decided to become a guitarist four days prior, when she was approached by two daring princesses right after her theatrical performance.

Class of 2-A was already lively although there was still half an hour left before the first period started. About ten girls were there in groups; doing various activities like sharing morning snacks, discussing a lesson, or fiddling with phones.

The latter group was joining desks at the rear side of the room, where Kaoru's seat was located. The girl walked to the area. Four of her classmates' phones were producing loud songs and tapping sounds. It seemed like they were playing a rhythm game... which was quite intriguing, because it wasn't often to see four of them together, let alone playing a mobile game.

"Morning, Kaoru!" exclaimed Reina Takahashi, though her face was facing a phone screen. The "forever class representative" since middle school.

By the time Kaoru approached her classmates, the playful song stopped, followed by some sound effects and changed into lounge-like music. Three of the remaining gamers, having finished their game, immediately said hi to Kaoru.

"Aah, the tragedy...!" Kaoru touched her chest. "It is despairing that my little kittens were so enchanted with the game that my thin presence was forgotten," she monologued in a sorrowful tone.