Chapter 14: A Chill Start

A/N: Holy shit guys we hit 600 reads (or whatever the lingo for the lil eyeball symbol is on this site lol)

Thanks so much for reading my random fic and especially thanks if you've favorited or commented!!!!!

Since this fic is gonna wrap up in a few chapters or so, I was thinking about doing a similar concept with another character (Bakugou or Todoroki perhaps?) where the quirk works a lil differently so definitely tell me what you wanna see (both? or maybe include Midoriya in that?? who knows!)

Anyways, enjoy!

___________________

After a few hours and a very fun movie musical involving Greek myths, someone else finally got up. 

Down the stairs walked Todoroki and Uraraka, both having a bit of tired small talk. Midoriya couldn't understand what exactly they were talking about but he heard something like a debate on the ethics of stealing your father's credit card. Kind of a strange topic for two hero students to be talking about.

Midoriya popped up so they could see him, smiling and waving an arm, "Good morning!" He called.

Both teens stopped in their tracks. 

Aizawa snorted awake.

"Deku?" Uraraka asked, rushing over to the tiny child who was seemingly being swallowed up by that hoodie.

Midoriya raised an eyebrow and cocked his head to the side, "Why'd you call me that??? Only Kacchan calls me that." He said slowly.

"Oh well we're your friends! And you said I could call you that too!" She answered happily, unable to resist the urge to scoop Midoriya up and place him on her hip. 

He smiled and giggled, "Okay then, but I still don't know who you guys are." He told her honestly, glancing over at Todoroki who'd sat down on the other end of the couch from Aizawa.

"I'm Uraraka and that's Todoroki." She greeted, nodding over to the half-n-half boy whose attention was being drawn to the movie on TV. 

"Soooo you guys are hero students right??? What's your quirk??" Midoriya wondered, getting excited again and swinging his lil legs. 

Uraraka smiled, "Lemme just show you." She said, winking and tapping his nose with her finger.

Immediately, Midoriya began feeling weightless. She let go of him as he began floating upwards. He squealed with excitement. This was the coolest!!! 

"Release!" She said, touching her fingertips together. Midoriya's weight came back to him and he fell into her arms.

"That was so cool!!!!" He complimented, "You're gonna be such a good hero when you grow up!!! Does your quirk only work on people or does it work on all stuff??? You could use that to save people from big rocks or buildings that fell down!! Or-or you could use it to just make villains float away!!! Oh my gosh! Can you make yourself float? What's the BIGGEST thing you ever used your quirk on??? How does your quirk work? Does anything you touch start to float?? What happens if you use it too much?? What's your hero name gonna be???" He rambled, about to continue when she interrupted.

"I can answer those one at a time later." She told him, an exacerbated look on her face. So it's very clear that Midoriya has just always been like that. And him being younger has almost made it worse. 

As he was asking all those questions, a few more people came down the stairs and headed to the kitchen. Luckily it was the people who are good at cooking, or at least competent in the kitchen, like Momo and Iida. 

"Let's go see what's for breakfast." Uraraka suggested, turning to head to the tables near the kitchen. Aizawa rolled off the couch and landed on his feet, starting to follow.

"Hey, you coming?" He asked Todoroki, poking his leg. 

Todoroki blinked a few times, snapping out of his lil daze of watching some movie with singing lions, "Huh?" He asked. It was clear he wasn't aware of the situation at all. Did he even notice that Midoriya was small? Or was he too engrossed in that movie.

"Breakfast." Aizawa explained with a sigh. 

"What about it?" Todoroki wondered, craning his neck some to look towards the kitchen. 

Aizawa just narrowed his eyes some. Was this guy dumb? Can't he like put the puzzle pieces together regarding the fact that it's morning, Midoriya and Uraraka were seated at the table by now, and so that means they're probably gonna have breakfast soon? Or does this guy's mind work like a waffle where everything in there has it's own compartment and rarely, if ever, those sections connect? Aizawa guesses the second. And he guesses it's probably something dumb that connects those boxes like something like two people having similar quirks and spending time together to suddenly two boxes overlap and an conclusion is made about someone being someone's lovechild. 

But that's just a theory.

"We're gonna have some soon." Aizawa stated, getting annoyed, "Over there." He clarified, pointing at the table. Better to be clearer to avoid any more annoying misunderstanding. 

"Oh, okay." Todoroki finally said, standing and heading over to sit next to Midoriya. He gave the child a passing glance before sitting calmly. It didn't last long though because he suddenly realized what was going on and jerked back a little in surprise, staring down at his now tiny friend, "Midoriya, what happened??" He asked, his voice with slightly more inflection than normal. 

Midoriya looked up at him with big eyes, "I dunno, Shota said I used to be big but I got hit by a quirk and now I'm a kid! Uraraka said your name was Todoroki, right?" He explained happily, kneeling in his chair. 

Todoroki blinked a few times, "Yes..." He answered slowly. 

"Are we friends??" Midoriya wondered. Even if they weren't, Midoriya would quickly change that. He loves making friends!!! Especially with this guy since his hair is two whole different colors and so are his eyes!!! He really wants to know what kind of cool quirk he has!

Todoroki actually blushed some, "Yes..." He replied, squinting his eyes and avoiding eye contact. Things were...complicated....and confusing...like, nothing set in stone or anything said explicitly. 

Midoriya didn't seem to catch onto the strange way Todoroki was acting and just smiled wider, "Cool! So what's your quirk???" He asked, scooting closer in anticipation. 

"Half ice, half fire." Todoroki stated, holding up both hands, one being covered with ice and the other with fire dancing around it. 

Midoriya gasped in awe, "It's like you have two whole quirks!!! Is that why your hair and eyes are different colors?? What happens when--" Midoriya began ranting, quickly being interrupted by Uraraka carrying in a few plates.

"Pancakes!" She called, slipping a plate in front of Midoriya and Aizawa while Iida delivered plates for Todoroki and Uraraka. He also placed an apple in front of the two kids.

"You two must remember to have a balanced breakfast so please enjoy a healthy side to counteract the chocolate chips!" He reminded them. Aizawa just rolled his eyes and picked up one of his pancakes with his hands.

"Um, don't you want syrup and a fork??" Uraraka wondered, clearly confused.

"No." Aizawa stated simply. Syrup gets too messy. A perfect example is Midoriya, who was currently drowning his pancakes in the sticky substance. Honestly, 'drowning' was an understatement. Syrup was beginning to overflow the plate and spread on the table.

"Oops." Midoriya mumbled, holding the syrup bottle upright as some excess ran down the side and onto his hands. 

He just giggled some innocently as Uraraka sighed and went to grab a wet paper towel to clean stuff up. 

Todoroki just started breaking off pieces of his pancakes to dip in the pool of syrup. Very nice and convenient.

Hopefully all this sugar doesn't make Midoriya get lost in the sauce and get overly excited. More than usual, that is.