Chapter 12: Mini Midoriya

Aizawa screamed when Midoriya collapsed, scrambling over to Yamada and gripping onto his shirt. 

Did--did he just DIE?! Oh no. OH NO. He immediately started crying. Obviously, a 7 and a half year old has never experienced something like this and, obviously, it's pretty traumatic. It's horrifying to watch a person who had been looking out for you pass the fuck out. Is he even breathing? Oh god this is awful. Aizawa finally tore his eyes away from Midoriya and buried his face in Yamada's shirt. 

The criminal just laughed harder at Aizawa's reaction, "I love my quirk." He giggled, wiping a tear from his eye with his free hand. 

Yamada felt anger rise within him upon seeing how terrified the tiny version of his boyfriend was along with the student just face first on the tiled floor. Not to mention the raw fury that came from this asshole's complete disregard for all the mayhem he's caused. He had to take a breath so he didn't just scream in the guy's face, gently setting a hand on Aizawa's back and rubbing circles in it to try and calm him down some.

"Turn them back." He ordered through grit teeth, glaring at the guy. The guy glanced from Midoriya's shrinking body up to meet Yamada's eyes.

"Can only use my quirk twice every 24 hours and I already used it on some old geezer earlier for a pretty penny so whoops, so sorry." The criminal explained in a casual voice, shrugging and resting his head in his hand. He was still smiling ear-to-ear. 

Yamada sighed and slapped a hand to his face. Of course, yeah, of course that's how this works. They're gonna have to wait a whole 'nother day until this is all fixed.

"Well good thing you're gonna be spending the night here tonight." He stated, slapping the table before opening the door and calling for an officer to come get this guy and lock him up until further notice. 

Aizawa moved so he was sitting against the wall, still sniffling and wiping his eyes with his hands. He just wants to go home and go to bed. But like, his actual home with his actual bed. This sucks and he wants his parents. 

Yamada gently picked up Midoriya, careful that all his clothes stayed on him and everything. This kid was kinda small. An officer finally came in and escorted the criminal out, who was still smiling and giggling at the chaos. 

Fucking piece of shit guy right there. 

Yamada sighed and sat down for a moment. Needed to calm down some. Plus, might as well wait for Midoriya to wake up. He glanced over at Aizawa, "Don't worry, he's gonna be okay." He assured him, offering a small smile. Aizawa sniffled and shuffled over, resting his head on Yamada's arm and watching Midoriya.

"Wh-what's gon-gonna happen to 'im?" He asked softly, his breathing still uneven.

"He's gonna be about your age." Yamada answered. Good thing tomorrow is Saturday. These two will probably hang out at the 1A dorms and be occupied by the class while Yamada files a report on all this bullshit. And boy is there a lot to report on. 

Aizawa blinked, obviously confused, and was about to say something when Midoriya began to stir. 

Midoriya's big round eyes opened and looked up at the complete stranger holding him, "What's goin' on?" He asked, suddenly sitting up straight, "Wh-who are you?? Where am I??? Where's my mom?? Why are my clothes so big?? What--"

Yamada held a finger to his lips, "One question at a time, bud." He said softly. Aizawa stared in confusion. Midoriya looked like he was smaller than him. Weird, "First off, how old are you?" He decided to ask.

"8."

So he was right about the quirk halving people's ages considering Midoriya is really 16. 

"But--but who are you guys?" He wondered. 

"You can call me Present Mic, and that's Shota standing there." Yamada answered, nodding towards Aizawa who was just kinda standing back awkwardly now. Yamada's sure Aizawa's confused that Midoriya doesn't remember him but it's probably a little to complicated to explain that he's actually 30 and Midoriya is actually his 16 year old student. 

"So...where am I?"

"A police station--" Yamada was cut off.

"Police?! Am I in trouble?!?!? I-I don't remember doing anything bad! I-is my mom out there?? I'm sorry if I did something wrong, I--" This time it was Aizawa who put a finger to Midoriya's mouth. 

"Shhh," He said, "We caught a bad guy." He explained, finally calmed down and now just wanting the questions to end so they could go to bed. It was past midnight and it was obvious that Aizawa's energy tank was running on empty. But, at the same time, he felt a strange protectiveness over Midoriya. Like a little brother, he guesses. Even though Midoriya is still physically older than Aizawa. It's strange and confusing but Aizawa can just tell that Midoriya needs someone to tell his brain to shush and calm down for a second. 

Yamada smiled a bit at the interaction before standing up and adjusting Midoriya on his hip, "And now we're gonna head to where you guys are spending the night currently." He said, opening the door and leading the way out. 

Aizawa must still be shaken up because he quickly grabbed onto Yamada's free hand and held it tight as they walked. 

"Why can't I go home?" Midoriya wondered, looking around and trying to figure out where in the city he was. 

"'Cause." Aizawa answered simply. Midoriya furrowed his brows. He didn't like answers like that. He wanted things explained to him so he knows what's going on. Doesn't matter if he's a kid or not, he has a right to know what the heck is going on in his life! But apparently adults like to keep secrets and some kids just accept it and move on. 

"Then where're we staying?" He asked.

"In a dorm building on UA's campus." Yamada replied as the giant main building came into view. Midoriya gasped, a big smile growing across his face. Was he at some cool weekend camp for kids at UA or something??? Was he gonna meet All Might!!! Oh god, he thinks he might DIE if he saw All Might in real life! 

Midoriya continued to ask questions and only got one or two word responses from Yamada and Aizawa. They were tired but Midoriya just seemed to be getting more and more excited.

Which just exhausted Aizawa. He was seriously having trouble keeping his footing and keeping up. He just wanted to lay down in the dirt and fall asleep right now. 

Luckily, they got to the student dorms and Yamada brought the boys in, walking up to the floor their bedrooms were and making sure they made it to bed before he left. Aizawa didn't even change clothes, the moment he touched the bed, he was out cold.

It wasn't quite so easy with Midoriya, who squealed with excitement upon seeing his room. 

"Look at all the posters!!!!!!" He declared, bouncing over to the biggest one and staring up with stars in his eyes. 

"Shhh people are trying to sleep!" Yamada quickly told him. 

Midoriya made a little "oops" face and covered his mouth before humming happily to himself and continuing to gawk at the room. 

"Here's your phone, call me if you need me." He said, handing the child his phone with a little ripped receipt with Yamada's number written on it. He should probably stay and make sure things are well but now he understands his boyfriend's usual exhaustion. 

He's not paid enough for this and he's really tired so he just slunk back to the teacher's dorms and collapsed onto his own bed. 

After a few more minutes of gushing about the All Might merch covering the room, Midoriya tired himself out and curled up into the bed.

He and I (yes, me the author) wonder what tomorrow will bring.