Chapter 13: Two Very Different Children

Midoriya, like a freak, woke up at 6 a.m. that morning. 

He usually always woke up at that time at home, generally being a morning person and all. Besides, some of the best cartoons come on early Saturday mornings! 

The sun was still rising so it was still kinda dark. 

But still, he wanted to get this show on the road! He still can't believe he's on UA's campus! He can't wait to see what today has to bring and so, of course, he couldn't fall back asleep. Despite it being dead silent in this whole building. Guess nobody else is up.

Midoriya slid out from under his covers, his bare feet landing on the cold ground. He looked around. He was just wearing the oversized shirt from last night. He prodded around in a few dresser drawers and looked in the closet. Hmm. No clothes his size. 

Of course, he did find a giant oversized All Might hoodie in the closet and so, obviously, he put that on. It nearly reached his ankles but it made him very very happy. 

He peeked his head out from his bedroom door and looked up and down the hallway. He remembers passing Shota's room when they got here last night. Since that's the only person he knows here, that's where he'll start.

As quietly as his little feet could step, he made his way to Aizawa's room. The door was slightly ajar so he pushed it open and let himself in.

Aizawa was snoozing soundly with Loud Cloud curled up comfortably on his entire torso. 

Midoriya tip-toed over to the bed and leaned against it, gently poking Aizawa's cheek.

"Hey! Shota! Wake up!" He whispered, continuing to poke until Aizawa finally furrowed his brows and blinked his eyes open.

"Wha' time is't?" Aizawa mumbled, eyebrows still furrowed as he stretched an arm out and brought his hand to his face to rub his eyes. 

"Um, around 6:15." Midoriya answered with a bounce, recalling what the alarm clock in his room said before he left. 

Aizawa let out a long sigh, "What'd'you want?" 

Midoriya shrugged, "I dunno where anything is." He replied. 

Aizawa gave another sigh before pushing himself up so he was sitting. Loud Cloud didn't seem to mind the disturbance, scooting down and flopping over so he was laying beside Aizawa, falling back asleep easily. 

"Why're you up so early?" He wondered as he pushed himself off the bed so he was standing next to Midoriya. He was maybe an inch or so taller than the excitable green boy.

Midoriya just smiled and shrugged again, "Excited." 

Aizawa just narrowed his eyes some and gave Loud Cloud a quick little goodbye pat before leading the way through the hallway and down the stairs. 

"So why're we here??" Midoriya asked, bouncing down the stairs. How the fuck did he have so much energy at this godforsaken hour?

Aizawa shrugged, "Dunno, I was just told we were being babysat by the students here or something." He answered, walking out into the common area. 

"By real UA students?!?!?? Like students that are gonna be heros???" Midoriya gasped, eyes sparkling. Aizawa had to squint. The kid almost seemed like a shining sun when he got excited. Making it seem like it's unsafe to look in his direction without sunglasses. 

"Yeah," Aizawa stated, debating whether or not Midoriya would believe him if he told him that he's also technically a student here. Might as well, "You're a UA student too. You just got hit by a quirk yesterday and turned younger." He explained, shuffling over to the couch and laying down on it. If he wasn't careful, he could fall right back asleep. 

"Oh..." Midoriya began, frowning and thinking for a moment before soon smiling again, "Makes sense." He accepted with a nod. Aizawa stared at him in confusion. Really? He's gonna accept that so easily? This kid must exist on a whole different level than Aizawa can understand. Midoriya began beaming again, "That means I got my quirk!" He exclaimed, throwing his fists in the air and celebrating. This sparked more confusion. Kids usually get their quirks at like 3-5 years old. And even 5 is pushing it. It's practically unheard of when it comes to developing a quirk after that. But, also, he's pretty sure big teenager Midoriya had a quirk. Hmm. Very mysterious. 

The front door suddenly opened and both boys perked up to see who was coming in. It was that ugly blonde and the spikey red-haired guy. Though, Kirishima currently had his hair down like it naturally fell. Both wore tank tops and shorts and were working on catching their breaths. 

"KACCHAN?!" Midoriya screamed, stumbling over to stand in front of the two teens.

Kirishima gasped, "Midori-dude oh my god you're so small!" He said as he crouched down. And he was so cute! His hair was even poofier! 

Bakugou seemed frozen, an expression of both confusion and pure, utter hatred plastered across his face. 

"Kacchan you're so tall!!!! And your muscles are so big!!! And-and you got into UA!!! We're gonna be heros together!!!!" He declared excitedly. Kirishima giggled at all the compliments, glancing up at his boyfriend.

"Shut the fuck up Deku." He grumbled, not really wanting to deal with the even more overly optimistic and annoying version of his childhood friend right after his morning run. Goddammit, he knew the weather was too perfect and the sunrise too beautiful for this to be a decent day. Something just had to chuck a wrench into the party but he didn't think that wrench would be the size of the empire fucking state building. 

Even still. Kiri was kinda proud by his boyfriend's restraint. He knows how easily Bakugou could've just decked Midoriya and left him behind crying. But he didn't and that's what I like to call Development. 

Hey, but wait, he thought that all their memories got reset too...how did tiny Midoriya know Bakugou? Bakugou's never told Kirishima that they knew each other when they were younger.

"Hey! Bad word!" Midoriya chastised, pointing a finger, "I'm gonna tell your mom!" 

Bakugou scoffed, "Yeah and be a piece of shit tattle? I dare you." He threatened, popping a few explosions off in his hand, "Besides," He bent down some, "you're back to being quirkless so you don't stand a fucking chance." He added with a mean smirk, keeping his voice kinda low. 

Midroiya furrowed his brows and pouted, "Yeah but-but I know I'll get my quirk eventually! And-and I'm gonna be the number one hero!!!" He declared, putting his hands on his hips. 

Bakugou just rolled his eyes, "Whatever, you look like a dumbass." He simply insulted, glancing at the giant hoodie Midoriya had on before grabbing Kirishima's hand and confidently stomping off. 

Midoriya marched back over to the couch.

"He's ugly inside and outside." Aizawa pointed out, flopping back down so he was laying on the couch again.

"No, he's just....he just acts all mean when there's other people around." Midoriya defended, climbing onto the other end of the couch and playing with his hoodie strings.

"He deserves to be kicked in the shin." Aizawa continued, obviously unconvinced by Midoriya's defense. 

"He just needs a hug." Midoriya mumbled as he hopped up to go turn on the TV. Hopefully something good was on. He's guessing that it's gonna be a few hours before the rest of the teenagers who live here wake up.

Aizawa quickly fell back asleep while Midoriya sat only like a foot away from the screen, eyes transfixed on a superhero cartoon playing. 

Maybe later he can give Kacchan that hug he needs. 

His stomach growled.

But first, he needs someone to wake up and maybe fix him something for breakfast. Like pancakes!

Hopefully someone who can cook wakes up soon.