Chapter 8

I saw Jiyong in front of me, his back facing me instead of his face. Slowly, I lifted my hand, and noticed the tears had been strolling down, my body undergoing a slight shock. Why am I crying anyway?

It was involuntary, as if my brain had gone haywire and I was left to watch. My heart was beating fast, my lungs were heaving every breath, my eyes uncontrollably producing tears, and my breathing ragged, making every breath sound like a hiccup. Moreover, I felt fear under my tongue, my throat—It was everywhere in my body, and it was surpassing the saltiness of my blood I’m tasting from my lips.

We’re on top of a hill, a place familiar to my heart with the wind scraping my face, and making my skirt flow like a flag. But even though it was strong, strong enough to make you move, Jiyong was unmovable. He stood perfectly frozen in his spot, his hands inside his pockets, his hair flowing like veil and maintaining our gap to two feet.

“Jiyong?” I had asked, though involuntarily, I still wanted to call out his name. The mention of his name stung my tongue. What is this all about?

“Why?” He whispered. “Dara?”

I was too lost for words, so I only replied with a sob. He didn’t press me anyway, but I could feel the air pressuring us both. It was as if the nature had made this atmosphere just for us.

“Dara,” He called again, but I was already succumbing to the darkness, or the darkness was eating him.

“Dara,”

I felt a pressure on my lips, and after a few seconds, it was gone. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Jiyong, smiling broadly at me, his eyes lively. It was all just a dream. I told myself, relief passing through me.

“What are you doing here?” I whispered, sleepily, but had gathered the fact he’s here early in the morning of Sunday. This doesn’t occur as often as I can remember.

“My wifey forgets things easily, huh?” He said, playfully. “I’m here to wake you up. Don’t you remember? I always wake you up on weekends since you always oversleep. Maybe you momentarily forget about it because I stayed last night.”

I flashed him a weak smile and answered, “Maybe.”

“But I won’t be too kind today as I was the past weekends. You should get up; we have a whole day ahead. We’re going to school.” He announced, a smile etched upon his face, standing up but I’m too tired to get up, and the nightmare still haunts me so I instinctively muttered, “No.”

Jiyong looked past his shoulder and down at me, one of his eyebrows raised while his lips twitch, trying to smirk but he had full control over it. I don’t know what washed over me, but I stuck my tongue out at him and covered myself with my comforter. It was dark, and hot, giving me a disadvantage to know what Jiyong would be up to. I’ve never been this playful towards him whenever he would wake me up on weekends, because I’m very obedient. But today, why did I feel to be such a rebel?

I was about to take the comforter off me when I felt familiar hands wrapping around my waist. Jiyong rolled me while I was still inside the comforter and tied me up, maybe using my silk ribbon for Phys Ed. He brought me up his shoulder, his arm supporting me up. It was a good thing I’m adventurous, because I only managed to cry out a soft, “Wow.”

“Normally, girls on movies would squeal.” Jiyong said, laughing. “You’re really different.”

He started to walk to somewhere I don’t know, maybe towards outside, because I felt him steer towards the left, where my door is located. Later on, the only thing I saw was my bed, then my front door being closed. My hair, strands by strands falls down my face as Jiyong takes each step down the stairs. The doors to my siblings’ rooms were firmly closed, so I’m suspecting they’re probably hearing Jiyong’s hysterical laugh right now.