Chapter 4

Dara's P.O.V

After I tackled Jiyong down yesterday and make him stop laughing, my family came home on cue. The good thing was that they didn't saw me hovering Jiyong. The bad thing was that Durami didn't let Jiyong home last night because she bombarded him with questions together with my most loving mom. So, in the end, Jiyong crashed the night inside our house. To make things straight, I never let him sleep inside our house-just now. It's awkward with me-continuous interrogating and all-especially to Sanghyun...and come to think of it, those two got to sleep together in one room last night. So that explains the big rims surrounding both of their eyes at breakfast.

As usual, Bom was waiting for me at the threshold of the school when my mom pulled in. Only a few students took their classes today, so the entrance wasn't packed and rowdy. The school had to play against another school in Basketball. Jiyong told me about it earlier today when we got breakfast and he said he'll win the game for me. I don't feel special about him telling me he'll win the game for me. I mean, when he wins, it's for the school. How can it be for me?

I stepped outside, gave my mother a flying kiss and then turned around before walking towards Bom with a ridiculous smile-the one I always give whenever I tend to laugh at people. She didn't smile back but instead groaned and rolled her eyes. Her frown explains that she isn't happy like yesterday.

"I can't believe we're not going to watch the game because of Calculus." She rolled her eyes again. "I'm going to bust that professor."

I chuckled. "We'll just watch it later at my house. Promise."

Well, we have a habit that if we didn't watch the game live, we'll watch the recorded later that night at my house. I'll be cheering on Jiyong (obviously) and Bom will be cheering on Top (obviously) and if the opposite side gets the score, we'll jump and pull our hair out in frustration. It's the usual routine whenever we didn't get to watch live and one of the best memories in my life. 

"What about mine this time?" Bom asked, and began to plead with her brown puppy-dog eyes, which made her really look like a dog. I laughed and she looked at me, curiously.

"What's with the laugh, Park?" She threatened, tilting her head to the side and changing demeanor. I quickly stop but that had made me suppress my laugh inside and snicker instead. 

"Fine," I scoff. "Let's just watch at your house." 

"Dara, you creep me out." Bom commented, wearing a disgusted look. "Let's just attend Calculus."

Bom turned around elegantly and walked inside the building with me following her. She slowed down a little bit and I keep up to her speed so we would be walking alongside with each other. We passed by the entrance arch and the students automatically gave way for her (and maybe for me) to walk through and just as fast, I felt shy-embarrassed, even. Popularity and being the center of attraction (or maybe, attention) is not the life I wanted here at Seoul. I just wanted the good education, you know. But ever since I became friends with Bom and Jiyong, the world spun into a full degree. I can't believe the whole student body knows me. I can't believe that the owner of my school knows me. 

We both passed the chatting students-probably making up stories like last month. They had spread a story about me and Jiyong having an 'argument' that's why we don't talk to each other for a week. But the real truth is that we had a deal that whoever each of us spoke first will be the one who'll go to the other's house at Thanksgiving. Since my family went to Busan for Thanksgiving and I had a thesis to deal with that time-I spoke first. Jiyong was happy about that and his family also and also my family.  

I went to my locker and keyed in my password. My locker produced a whole dumpster of letters, notes and red cards (Boys Over Flowers much?) and I had to roll my eyes again. Jiyong's fan club had started the fight again. They would just go into a hiatus whenever Jiyong isn't around. 

I gather all of the papers into my bag, making sure they're all in one place, which is my poor bag and zipped it lock before I gather up my things for Calculus. As I grab my textbook, a piece of white paper slipped off from inside and almost instantly, I stoop down to pick it up, locking my locker. The letter was addressed to me but it has no name where it came from. My name is delicately written in hand. 

Worry is just a waste of time. It doesn't change anything. All it does is taint your mind and steal your joy.

P.S. Babe, don't worry about my fan girls. They don't know about us. They don't know about anything. So. Stop. Frowning. 

I love you 

-Jiyongie

I look around, and whispered, "I love you.", my unconscious frown turning into an unconscious smile. Bom locked up her locker and chuckled. "You really creep me out, Dara." She said. 

I didn't answer, still smiling and instead, place the paper inside the back pocket of my bag-separated from all my things. I wonder if anyone is kidding me out because it's working. 

"Well," I shrugged. "Let's just say someone had made my day brighter-again."

"Let me guess," Bom sarcastically joked. "It's Jiyong."

I sighed, shrugging yet again. "Maybe? Who knows? That guy isn't this sweet." 

Bom chuckled. "And he can't do anything that can't make your day brighter."

Everyone gushed and started chatting again. Geez, don't tell me they're going to write another article in our school's underground site about my relationship with Jiyong. And come to think of it, everyday they do write. 

We both shrugged in unison and walked towards our classroom. The door was ajar, giving anyone a peek inside when they're a meter away from the door and the classroom is surprisingly quiet like pre-earthquake. We entered our classroom and occupied the seats where we always sat during Calculus. 

I placed my things in my desk and move my chair closer to my table. Then, instantly, I felt a paper beneath my butt, rubbing against my pants like sandpaper and I instantly get it. 

I flipped it open. 

God made man. Man made Math. Math made man mad. 

P.S Don't worry about Calculus. It's just easy and if not, I'll be here to tutor you. ;) 

I love you.

-Prof. Jiyongie

P.S What a funny name for a Calculus professor.

"Miss Park?" I heard my professor call me, and I looked up. He had a distasteful face. "Please listen to the lesson at hand."

"Yes, sir." I smiled and opened my notebook, ready to write. 

Then, it was like I was lost with Jiyong.

After Calculus, I went straight to my second subject, which is Gym. I never knew the relevance of the subject with my major even with my friends explaining it to me. 

"Why can't you see that Gym is the gist of all your activities? If Gym is out, you won't have the energy to attend all other subjects!" Bom explained, but it just made me clueless even more. (A/N: Dara in this story is very intelligent to the point that her common sense is running very low.) (A/N: Gym in college is relevant to your health not the major. It helps maintain fitness. A large number of college students suffer on overeating cause of stress and depression.)

Anyway, I had changed into my Gym uniform-very short shorts and color coded shirt. Then, I opened my assigned locker in the shower room and another paper greeted my eyes. It was hanging like a monkey inside my locker and I felt it say, Here I am again! And then, I suddenly felt pity to the trees, the ink and stuff like that.

I grab the paper from inside and opened it. My name is written in a fancy script, unlike the past ones. 

I always make myself busy with things to do but every time I pause, I still think of you. 

P.S I hope Gym would be relevant to your major now (laughs). I can't give you my opinion yet about Gym. You might kill me before I even get to finish my sentence. But even if you think like that, I still love you. 

I really do love you.

-Jiyongie

Then, I smiled. I was just lost again with Jiyong. 

After attending my subjects today, which is just Calculus and Gym, I got home. The walk to home is windy, deserted and silent. It was like I'm walking my way to my death and no one even cared. The wind touched my skin painfully as if it gotten harsh because the whole human race is despicable to nature. The sun is too high, grinning at me as if saying, Hey you! You want to go home walking? Then, face my wrath! 

After a few blocks and grunts and struggles, I finally got home. No one was even home. Sanghyun is still in high school while Durami attends elementary. My mom works at Jiyong's company. Jiyong didn't give her the job. It just so happen that my boyfriend is the owner of both my school and my mom's workplace. He's just that rich. And my mom, always home after work, would tell me how she spent the day talking about me with Jiyong's dad and vice versa. She used to be the secretary of Jiyong's dad. Now, she transferred to the Marketing and Human Relations Department because she's better than the last division head. That's how Jiyong changed my life. 

I entered our house and closed the front door. Sanghyun forgot to turn off the television before going off and Durami forgot to keep the lights off-also the stove by the kitchen. The soup inside the pan bubbled and overflowed. For the umpteenth time, I sighed and started to get to work. 

I turned off the television and replaced it with music. I installed my iPod to the speaker and BigBang's Bad Boy started to play. The song echoed throughout the house. Just the way I like it. 

I ventured to the kitchen and turned off the stove. Everything inside the pans was burnt. The soup, ground meat, hotdog and even the water, which just had evaporated and left the salt off, was badly burnt that only the remains of ashes were left.  Cool. 

I grab the pans and put it in the sink. Then, I grab a wet cloth and started scrubbing the gas stove. Since it was white, it was easy to spot dirt though when you rub the dirt; it just spreads throughout the surface. So, I kept on grunting and scrubbed harder. 

When I was done with the stove, I was ridiculously sweating but because I know I'll get sick if I don't wipe my sweat and Jiyong will freak out, I took ten minutes to wipe my body-first with the back until I reached my face. Then, I prep my face up with water. 

After that, I went to the sink to wash the mountain of dishes. As I look up at the countertop, a yellow sticky note greeted my tired eyes. With exasperation, I grab it. 

Well I wish that you could call me right now
So that I could get through to you somehow
But I guess it's safe to say baby, safe to say
That I'm, I'm officially missing you

P.S I miss you, babe. Shall I make you remember that you have to watch my game today? Is it going to be in your house or Bom's house today?

I love you

-Jiyongie

I smiled, tuck the paper inside my shorts' pocket and started washing the dishes. Just an hour Jiyong, and I will watch your game already. Even though Jiyong is such a creep, knowing my schedules and all, well, he's so plain tad sweet. 

After an hour, I already finished washing the mountain-like stash of dishes. I was relieved that I finished on time, just on cue when Bom called me and told me that the entertainment room of their house is ready. Rich people. *rolls eyes*

I went inside my room to take a bath and change into my casual clothes-a yellow T-shirt with 'I love GD' printed on it, jeans and Chuck Taylor sneakers. Then, I put all of my most important things inside my backpack-my wallet, camera (for emergencies), cell phone, recorder (incase Bom gets drunk) and extra clothes (incase I spend the night there). Before leaving the house, I put a note on the fridge that I'm going to Bom's house and incase I don't get home by nine, it means I spent the night there and for them not to forget to lock the front door. 

I went outside the house and locked the front door using my own keys. The sun was already setting, its orange-colored rays stretching out on the horizon behind our house. It was so beautiful I want to stare at it all day but my cell phone woke me up in my trance, practically making me jump in surprise. 

I fish it out of my pack, and answer, "Yeobo?"

"Seyo? Hey, Ssantokki! Where are you now?" Bom said, frantic and nervous. "The program's about to start."

I glanced at my wristwatch. "But it's just 5:30, Bom. The program won't start until 7:30."

"But," I felt her chip her nails off, a sign she's nervous. "I need company. We're experiencing blackout and I'm the only one here. You know my mom, she works hard."

I looked around my surroundings. All of them have electricity. "What happened? We don't experience blackout-"

"My mom forgot to pay for the bills!" She cut me off.

"But if there's a blackout, then, we should just watch here at my place. We can't watch without ele-"

"Generator! We have a generator! Oh gosh, Dara. I'm really scared here. I can't go out the entertainment room." She was really freaking out. 

"Are you fine? Bom, please tell me. Are you fine?" I asked and suddenly, the line went BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP. What was wrong with Bom? 

After a beat, I received a text from Bom. With worry, I abruptly open the message, almost wrecking my phone in the process.

Ssantokki,

I'm okay. Just have to hang up. Please go here as fast as you can. Take care.

-Bominator

I locked my phone and took a deep breath then, tied my hair into a ponytail. I jogged towards Bom's house and when I turned right, I was already passing beside large houses-Bom lives inside a subdivision-and past mansions. The guard on duty didn't forget to remove his cap and hold it up high as a greeting to me and I managed to wave back. 

I turned to the right again, at the first intersection and my legs dragged me to Bom's house-the first mansion at the right. Security guards roam the front gates and when they saw me, their frowning turned into a smile. 

"Hey," I caught my breath. "Is Bom there?"

"Certainly," Jongil replied. "She's at the entertainment room, ma'am."

I bowed at then and made my way inside. The maids lined up in two piles and bowed immediately when they saw me. I stopped jogging and bowed at them. "Mianhe. I am going to hang out here for a while. Mianhe. Mianhe for disturbing."

I climbed up the stairs and went straight to the entertainment room-the room with the 'Don't Disturb' sign and 'Caution: High Voltage'. I didn't knock but instead, opened the door quickly. Bom sat on their long, comfortable couch-one hand being bitten and one hand hugging her knees. She quickly whipped her head towards me and jumped up from her seat. 

"SSANTOKKI!" She cried and hugged me. "I am scared. There was rustling inside my room and I can't take a bath-"

"Explains the odor."

"No time for jokes. Kill the bastard inside my room!"

If there is one thing aside from witnessing the Bominator that I would like to expect last is to witness the scared Bom. She looks like a complete fragile now but when I told her I won't enter her room, she completely raged and warned me-even telling me she would spill all of my secrets in the school's underground website. So, there's nothing to do but to arm myself a baseball bat and venture inside her room while Bom stayed inside the entertainment room.

Upon entering, the room is aloofly dark and fragrant-as if a thousand lavenders decided to grow themselves inside Bom's room. The lights automatically flickered open and I saw a vast expanse of pictures of myself. Creepy. 

I held my weapon up high and in a shaky voice, "Hey?"

There was rustling at the right and I whipped my head towards it but no person came into my view. 

"Hello." A deep, chilling voice greeted and automatically, I was disarmed-my hands letting go of the baseball bat. It was like the voice is over auto-tuned. 

"Oh, hey." I greeted back and massage my hands. "Nice meeting you."

"We haven't met before." He replied.

"I know." I chuckled, nervously. "You reminded me of Beast in Beauty and the Beast."

"Thank you."

"Pleasure."

He coughed. "You're a fan of G-Dragon?" 

I looked at my shirt and smiled, broadly. "He's my boyfriend."

"You love him?"

"Of course."

"What about me?"

"What about you?" I asked. "Who are you?" 

"I'm a reversed persona of someone everyone loves." He replied. "I'm everyone's nightmare."

I smiled. "You remind me of someone I still love."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," I closed my eyes. "Okay, you may now go out wherever you are. I closed my eyes." 

I sense the bathroom door open, and someone walking closer towards me. His scent was nasty-like someone had taken a bath with sweat replaced for water. He took both of my hands and put it on his soft, chubby cheeks. 

I opened my eyes, gasped and then, hugged him. "Oh gosh! I miss you!"

"I miss you too." He replied. "Watch the ribs. The ribs." 

"How was the day?" I asked and kissed him. Oh gosh, God knows how much I've missed him. 

"We won; I won for you." He proudly smiled. "But I would rather like you to watch it for yourself. I wouldn't want to risk my saliva in talking." 

At the front door, Bom appeared out of nowhere and smiled. "Told you there was a bastard lingering inside my house."

"Hey!" Jiyong protested. 

"Back at you!" Bom shot Jiyong with her finger-gun. "Anyway, the program's about to start. Care to join?" She asked me and then, turned to Jiyong. "Care to take a bath?" 

We both chuckled. "Certainly." 

It was true. We won against the other school by 101-100 in favor of us. Jiyong, again, is the one honored as MVP. But I can't concentrate on the game because he kept on massaging my hand, kissing it, and talking about the letters he gave. It turns out that the whole dumpster of letters I received, even the red card, is actually from him. 

"What is your feeling about Kwon University's yet again, undefeated streak?" The reporter asked. 

Jiyong smiled at the camera. "I am very happy about it as both owner and player. The team struggled and sacrificed so much this year just to win again." He bit his lip, shyly. "But there is this someone who made me realize that what I had achieved is nothing compared to the numerous love I have from my family members and friends." 

The reporter chuckled and smiled. "May I know who this is?"

"It's my girlfriend." He smiled and turned to the camera, waving his hand. "Babe, I dedicate my trophy for you. Take care and I love you." He made a heart shape from his hands. 

I rest on Jiyong's shoulder and he suddenly stopped talking. I sense him smile and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I love-"

"Uyyyyyyyy!" Bom shouted, waking us up in our romantic trance as she slap Jiyong's arm with her fan-one hand on the waist. She pointed at Jiyong with her fan. "Uyyyy, no lovey-dovey or anything romantic stuff here in my territory! Got it?" 

Jiyong let go of me, scooting farther and rolled his eyes. "Got it." 

I chuckled and he bent his head towards me as he mouths the words, I love you. Too late, Bom noticed and he received another whack from her on the arm. 

"What was that for?!" Jiyong complained as he massaged his swelling arm. 

Bom pointed him with her fan. "Breaking the rules!" 

"Ahjumma." Jiyong rolled his eyes. 

With this Bom raged in fury and shouted, "KWOON JIYOOOOOOOOOOONG!"

I think I felt the fire alarm went on. 

He'd write me a thousand notes.