30

It's Christmas Eve, you're still here.

You slept over yesterday, I'm surprised your parents let you, and my mom let you too.

My mom is out again, but she ate some of my cookies and drank hot chocolate before she left.

"Good morning sleepy head." I say to you as you opened your eyes.

You asked to sleep on the ground in my room but I said that it would be better if you slept in the guest room.

It took a while but you agreed, and here I am waiting for you to let go of the blanket as I try pulling it off you.

We haven't kissed.

I blush at the thought and let go making you startled but happy.

Then I rush to the bathroom and brush my teeth.

When I'm done I go back to the room and see you're sleeping again.

So I slip into the covers next to you, it's weird but I feel comfortable doing this.

"You're cute." I whispered as I let myself touch your hair.

I keep touching it, it's smooth and soft.

It's gorgeous, and I wish to play with it every day I can.

Then I stop and just stare at your beautiful, long, curved eyelashes.

Then your lips, a nice shade of pink.

I could only imagine what it's like to kiss them.

"You can kiss me you know."

Your eyes were still closed but you smiled, as your cheeks grew pink.

Then you licked your lips and I smiled, leaning in closer.

So close I felt the air going through your nose.

You open an eye then close it and lean forward.

I place a finger on your lips and laugh.

"Morning breath weirdo, hurry and get up I'll give you some clothes to wear."

I sit up and feel your arms snake around me, then pull me down.

"It's ok I have some, my mom dropped them off last night. You were asleep I don't know why she took so long to leave them." You hug me and I get intoxicated by that scent of yours.

I don't know how to describe it, but it's like a drug to me.

I could probably get high off that scent.

"So what will we do today?" You asked as an arm lets me go and you look up at the ceiling.

"I don't know, what ever you want."

I see your smile at the corner of my eye.

"Let's kiss all day!" I laughed and smack your shoulder.

"No, let's do something else."

"Movie marathon? We can open the gifts later-" I cover your mouth with my hand.

"I don't have a gift for you!" I say and you remove my hand from your mouth.

"I have one for you." But you grab my hand and lay it on top of your stomach, which is warm.

"What?" I say confused, we just got together what not even twenty-four hours ago, and you have a gift?

"I hope you like it, cause that took me a while to find."

"It better not be expensive, you shouldn't waste so much money on me!" You let go of my hand and hug all my body instead.

I'm surround by your body heat and scent it's nice.

"You such a saint!" I could feel your smile, I don't know how.

"But, what do you mean it took a while to find?" I asked as I calmed down and stared at those enchanting eyes of yours.

"Oh well, you see, that's why I was with her on Saturday. We broke up the same day, but she asked for us to stay friends. And well then I asked if we could go look for a gift for you. Took a while but I hope you like it." You said as your cheeks became a bit red this time.

"Well, then let's get you a gift. I didn't-sorta expect this to happen." I say sadly.

"Sorta?"

"Well, you know... after what happened, there could have been different scenarios, and I just imagined a lot. I overthink too much sometimes." I said as my cheeks were warm and I brought my hand back to my own stomach.

"I see, well I didn't expect this either. I really thought you were going to throw me out the second I got here!" You chuckle nervously.

"Well I was, but I don't know-I just didn't."

"Good because now I have a chance with you." You say and I feel my heart beat rapidly.

I can hear my own heartbeat.

Please don't tell me you can hear it!

It's a bit embarrassing knowing how close you are to me.

I'm not u-use to being this close to you.

"What are you thinking?" You asked as your hand caressed my cheek.

"How pretty you are." I say and I swear I saw your eyes sparkle with joy.

"You too."

You lean forward and closer to my face.

I can feel your breath again.

It's not the bad morning breath I thought I'd smell, it's minty.

You must've woken up before me maybe.

I see your eyes looking down, perhaps at my own lips, since I did the same to yours.

"Come on let's eat." I put a finger in front of your lips.

You pout and I remove my fingers.

"Fine!" You pull me into a tight hug.

"Come on!" I say again with a smile.

I don't hate you so much.