28 pt. 2

So fyi, for some reason the whole second half of ch. 28 was cut when I published it ??!!!? idk why but tis okay because I didn't really like it anyway. But I am sorry for having it only be half a chapter. So enjoy!

———

He sat there staring at me. My eyes were tired and my stomach hurt a little. Harry sat back in his seat and his knee began bouncing up and down. "Alex-" He stopped him and let out a sigh. His facial expression dropped slightly and in a quiet voice he asked, "We're you really happy before?" My tired face didn't change, I just looked at him. "Did- Did I really ruin your life?" I couldn't speak, I swallowed and rubbed my face. "I..." He let out another sigh and suck back into his chair. "When I saw you that night, at the hotel, I thought I was hallucinating. I thought you were in my past, I thought I was over it, but the second I saw you everything came back. I was never over you, I was never over us. We had something, we have something that-"

"Harry," I interrupted. His head dropped as if he was defeated. "I was happy." His eyes squeezed shut. "I was going to get married to him. Sure, he wasn't perfect and we had some issues, but I was happy." I got up and walked in front of the desk, leaning on it. He looked up at me and had a frown on his face. "When I saw you that night, I didn't think it was real either. There was so much anger and resentment that I felt towards you when we were younger, but when I saw you, I didn't feel that. I was scared mostly. Scared of talking to you, of looking at you, I didn't want to fall back into you." He looked back down to my shoes, but he didn't move or try to speak. "I-" I reached out and grabbed his hands, pulling him to his feet. "I love you, Harry. There's not denying that. But there is no way I can live with people following me around and trying to get into my personal life-"

"I'll quit. I will never perform again. Unless it's for you." He grabbed my shoulders and squeezed reassuringly.

"Harry, I don't-"

"No, Al, I got into this business kinda on accident, but I also hoped it would help me find you, and it did! Mission accomplished." I tried to pull away but he grabbed my hands and pulled me back. "Babe, Alex, you're it for me. I was scared back then, but now? I'm Harry freak Styles and it's because I had you in the back of my mind. You were pushing me, like you always did." He poked my nose and made me laugh. He stared at me with big eyes and a smile. "I really mean it, you and I can move anywhere you want, we can go to a big place where the paparazzi will never reach or we can go back home and live close to your dad or we can move to Switzerland, I don't care! As long as you agree that, we're it."

It was like every worry I had been feeling vanished into thin air. I reached up and ran my fingers through his curls then down to his chin, pulling his lips to mine. He wrapped his arms around me and spun. I was happy with Evan, but that happiness could never compare to the feeling Harry gave me. It was a sense of home, like I had finally got home after being away for a long time.