19

It's been about three weeks since I last talked to him. Three weeks. "Move," is all that would come out and it took so much effort to keep a straight face. Three weeks. For three weeks he hasn't tried in the slightest way to get me back, or get me to forgive him. I know that's what I needed but I've never gone three weeks with no contact. The last time he we went three weeks with no contact was back when we didn't know each other. It breaks my heart, really. Who would've thought Harry and I would ever stop talking. I mean, I knew this was bound to happen... I just didn't think it would happen so soon.

I sat at the counter staring blankly into space. One hand was placed along the rim of my coffee cup and my other was holding my head up.

"You good?" My dad asked, bringing me out of my own torture.

"Yeah, just tired." I gave him a small smile in hopes that he would leave it at that but he didn't.

"You've been in a funk lately, is everything okay?" I gave a nod but he obviously didn't believe me. Instead, he walked over and stood across the counter from me. "What about Harry, how is he? He hasn't been around much lately."

I shrugged and tried to get words to come out but all I could do was breath in the air. I just left it at the "I don't know" shrug and he sighed.

"Alright, well," I knew he was a little upset because I wasn't talking to him but I can't tell him. No matter how much I despise Harry, I don't want my dad hating him. "I'll be home late, don't wait up."

He walks over to me with his coffee mug and kisses my head before giving me a hug. Before I could say anything he whispered in my ear. "What ever that boy has done, just know that if he cares about you as much as everyone knows he does, he feels a thousand times worse than you. Who would want to lose you?"

I smile at his good effort and close my eyes. "I love you, too." He places a quick kiss on my head again before heading out the door with a "goodbye".

I sigh and welcome the silence one more. It was a Saturday and I had no plans what so ever. I could go to the mall but that's too far. Or I could go get some pizza. Or I could stay home. I sat there playing around with the idea for about 10 minutes before I decided to just take a shower and see how I feel then.

The hot water felt amazing on my body. Everything that seemed wrong before didn't seem so bad from in here. I had on some nice music and just stood there letting the water run over me. I felt like I had been in there for hours and I knew it was time for me to get out so I turned the water off and dried myself. With the towel wrapped around my body I opened the door and walked into my room. I was freaked to see someone sitting at the edge of my bed and the blood rushed from my body.

It was Harry.

His head was lifted slightly and his eyes meet mine. There were bags under his eyes and his hair was more of a mess than usual. He had on a dark blue t-shirt and jeans, his usual, but he still looked a mess. I clenched the towel tightly to my body and stood frozen to the door frame. He had his guitar placed on the bed beside him and he just stared at me.

"Wha-"

"Please, just let me show you something," he begs before I can even get a word out.

I don't move or protest to his offer, I just stand there. Not because I wanted him to stay, I was frozen.. and scared. I hadn't seen him in forever. I didn't know what to do. So I stood there and waited for him to do something.

He realized I wasn't going to kick him out and grabbed his guitar. "It's been done for a while," he says staring at the strings on the guitar. "I just didn't think I would ever show you." He cleared his throats and looked up at me before he placed his fingers upon the strings.

(Yes I know this isn't really Harry but it's such a cute song, in case no one knows, it's sung by Bobby Andonov)

The song finished and I didn't know what to do. There were tears in my eyes and I could barely see. I wanted to run and hug him and kiss him but I couldn't move. My feet were stuck in place, my arms holding the towel tightly around my body. His eyes lingered on me, waiting for me to do something before he says anything. But I didn't do anything, I couldn't.

"Alex?" He asked cautiously after a decent chunk of time passed. Frozen, I tried to form words in my mouth, something, anything!

"That would have been perfect," I finally said. "It really would have."

"Would have?" He asked confused.

"Yes. Would have," I composed myself and walked to my bedroom door. "You need to leave." I said calmly even though I felt like I was breaking inside. I didn't want him to leave because what if he didn't come back?

"Wait, Al..." He stands and takes a step towards me forcing me to back against the wall. He stops when he sees me retreating from him and just stands there. "You can't- I can't- Al, I need you. I'm sorry, truly. For everything. Every stupid thing I ever did to you. I should have kissed you that night in the pool and I should have never made you leave my house and I should have never blew you off. I-"

"God, shut up, Harry!" I yelled to make his crazy rant subside and he stood there with watery eyes. "Do you hear yourself?" I was so completely done with him. Not really... but I was sick of hearing all the what if's. "You can't just say things you should or shouldn't have done. It doesn't matter because it happened the way it did and you did the things you did and no amount of apologies or songs are gonna make it better!" My heart when from hurting to beating faster than ever. "You can't build a shelter for my heart. My heart needs to be sheltered from you! And you're right," my voice had calmed down a bit, I wasn't as angry as before. "I was falling," my eyes drifted to the ground that was separating us. "I was falling in love with you. That night at the pool, that day you danced around my living room with me, it all made me love you even more."

"And I love you!" He pleads but when I look at him his excited expression falls.

HARRYS POV

"And I love you!" I blurt out as she spoke in an effort to make her smile but it only seemed to make things worse.

Her eyes lifted from the ground and they were filled with tears. She looked so small, so frail. Like a little bird who had just been out all night in the bad weather. "You don't," she said calmly. I could see how it hurt her to say those words and I hated myself more than I did before because of it. "Maybe you did, just not enough."

And maybe she's right. Maybe at the time I didn't realize exactly how much I loved her. I took her for granted. She had just always been around, I never really imagined a moment without her there, I never thought that day would come. But it has, and now? Now I can't sleep because when I close my eyes I dream about what I did so I stay up all night thinking about instead, which isn't any better. Everyday I think, what would Alex and I be doing right now? The answer? Living life together. Not separately. A piece of life, my heart, is missing. And it sucks. I love her, with all my heart.

"Please go," she said once more and I obliged. I grabbed my guitar and walked to the door, stopping beside her.

"Just know," I began quietly. "If you ever need to talk, or- or not, ya know. I'm still here, even if you do hate me." And with that I made my way down the stairs and out the door but not before I heard the heartbreaking sound of a girl, broken.