5

Waking up the next morning I felt a lot better. It felt good to know that the only reason Harry lied to me was for me. I know that's stupid but it's like he has the power to justify my mood for the rest of the day and he doesn't realize that, which sucks.

He said he was coming over today and I can't explain in words how.. excited? I am. I'm never excited, he's just Harry but these past few weeks I've been nervous and happy and all these different things when it comes to him. Luckily my dad was going to be out until early tomorrow morning so he wouldn't question my awkwardness.

I put on my black leggings, black triangle bra and loose white tank, the black bra visible at the top and sides. I'll admit I may be trying to show off for him a little but I want him. I especially don't want Clary to have him so if I don't move now I might lose him.

I finish straightening my hair when Harry texts me that he's here and I tell him to go ahead and come in.

"Alex?" He calls from down stairs. I rush to the stairs but slow my pace when I see him and casually walk down. He looks me up and down, silent with his mouth agape a little.

"Hey." I say stopping in front of him. He rubs the back to his neck and coughs.

"How are you?" He finally speaks up. "Have you seen those, people, around?" He asked cautiously, choosing his words carefully. I slowly shake my head and walk over to the sofas taking a seat and he sits next to me. "Good."

We sit together in silence, unsure of what to say. How did we become to dysfunctional? Every time I see him I can't help but stare at his lips, his eyes, everything. It all reminds me of our "almost kiss" in the pool the other night. I don't even know what that meant. We haven't talked about it. But if he went in for the kiss too, doesn't that mean he does feel something for me? I mentally curse and tell myself to just ask him myself. Grow some balls and ask.

"So I-"

"I wanted to-"

We both speak at the same time, laughing after. "Ok, ok, you first." I tell him brushing the hair from my face.

"Ok, I wanted to talk to you about something." When he says this I instantly think of the pool.

And then I hate myself for being such a girl. Since when am I anxious for anything. I'm normally the one who guys throw themselves at- not be cocky but it's true. After Jax and I broke up about 8 different guys asked me out. And about half asked more than once.

"Talk away." I tell him, smiling slightly.

"It's about Clary," When he brings her up my smile instantly drops but he looks away so he doesn't notice. "I- Well, we, have been spending a lot of time together lately, and I know she's your best friend," When he says the best friend part I scoff ever so silent and roll my eyes but he's still looking away. "And I was, well, I was wondering.. what you would think, about, us, going out." He looks up after taking a century to spill the beans with a worried look.

I let out a breath and while I'm dying inside I try to remain calm. "Well," I begin, looking anywhere but his eyes. "I don't know why you're asking me." I say frowning.

"Because if its gonna bother you I won't ask her." He says calmly but my heart's beating too fast for me to remain calm.

"That's not fair Harry!" I say loudly getting up and walking away.

"Woah, Alex, chill." He says following me, laughing lightly.

I was ready to flip out. Chill? Really? Who the hell does he think he is? AND asking me to give him permission to date Clary. I wouldn't want them dating if it was their dying wish and they were on their death bed. Fuck that shit.

He grabs my arm and pulls me around making me I fly into his body. He grabs my waist with one hand while the other rests on my arm. It's like the pool incident all over again.

We both freeze and our eyes connect, never pulling away for each other. My hearts still beating but now it's not anger, it's nervousness, passion. "Harry," I say barely above a whisper. My hands resting on his chest. His grip on my waist tightens, pulling me close to him once again. Our body's touching makes me feel very, weird, tingly, so to say. His eyes keep flicking from my lips to my eyes. He slowly leans in and I begin to as well before I remember what he asked.

I feel his minty breath hit my face before I pull away ever so slightly making him stop. "I think," I take a breath, neither of us moving away from each other. "You should ask out Clary." I say and I watch his lips as they form a straight line and his beautiful green eyes hid behind his eye lids as they close shut.

His grip loosens and he backs away, letting his arms fall to the side. "Great." He says with a forced smile, not making eye contact. "Movie?" He asks sitting down.

"Actually," I say, still not moving, gaining his attention making him freeze with the controller in his hand. "I-uh, I have some plans."

He gives me a weak smiles trying to hide his frown but it doesn't work. "Of you doing nothing?" He asks with a light laugh at the end.

"No, I'm having lunch with a friend." I say looking at the clock, but not actually reading it.

"So then why'd I come over?" He asks, not trying to hid his disappointment and anger anymore.

He walks over to me with an angry frown but I don't move. I actually smile and walk over to the front door. "To ask me for permission to ask out my best friend. That's why." I say making his smile drop.

"You know what?-" He says loudly.

"What!" I say even louder making him freeze and stare at me. I look at him with disgust. "Don't like being put second?" I ask.

He stares at me and his nostrils flare while his jaw clenched. "Me either." I add and open up the door for him to leave.

He nods and smiles before he purses his lips and walks out the front door. I slam the door shut and I turn, walking back to the sofa. All the anger I felt earlier instantly leaves when I see the picture of Harry and I in a picture frame by our tv. All the anger is switched to sadness and hurt. Tears start pouring down my cheeks and I can't stop. I try to take a breath and I choke on the air and tears. I put my face in my hands and try to calm down. That's when the front door opens followed by a deep voice.

"I left me phone-" he says angrily before he freezes in front of the door, the door closing behind him. I stand up and face the other way while I rush to wipe the water and running make-up off. "Alex?" He says quietly.

I spin on my heel and pick up his phone, handing it too him. "Here." I say before trying to walk past him but he places his very strong arm out and pulls me back.

"What's wrong?" He asks and I roll my eyes and smile before looking back at him, any trace of happiness gone. "It's because of what I asked."

I shake my head and fall onto the sofa. "I'll be fine, really. Go." I say sitting Indian style. But he doesn't leave. He takes off his jacket and takes a seat to the left of me. "I really don't want to talk about it right now." I say holding back some tears and he wraps his right arm around me, pulling me into him before wrapping his other arm around.

"Ok, ok." He says rubbing up and down my arm. "We won't."

When he pulls me into him I feel instantly better but the tears that I was holding back poured out of me. He pulled me in tighter, giving me a kiss on the forehead and stroking my hair. "It's ok, it's gonna be okay." He whispered while he held me. "I promise."