The Next Story

Hello Dear Readers,

I am happy to announce that I am back to write more for Melona and Eris' story.

The new story is titled simply as Shrouded, and will be short chapters about important events during Amarantha's rule Under the Mountain. It will be focusing on Mel's trials becoming a leader, and Eris trying to keep one step ahead of his enemies to keep what little of his family and Court it left safe.

I hope you will all enjoy it. Here is a sneak peek.

The invading armies where growing fat on their victory. Stuffing themselves with rye ale, and cows they stole from the farmers' fields. They laughed at the dead villagers last begs for their life. Mocking the dead as they sat in their camp circle in a clearing of woods.

The face of the moon waning in detest of their cackles in the night. Their watchers becoming lazy as the night drew on. Many foolishly slipping into a peaceful slumber. Completely unaware of the slowly creeping cloaked figures in their deep brown hoods.

None making a sound as they worked in the shadows of the trees. Knocking arrows into their bows, stretching their strings before letting them fly into the sleeping forms of Attor and Hybern fae.

Many waking and screaming in pain as iron and steel burred into rotten and leathery skin. The ones who were not hit scrambling to grab weapons to counter their unseen attackers, but silences fell over the camp of startled and angered enemies as they tried to see through the trees.

Silence swallowed up by flame as a wall flurished around the camp. Ripping it's way higher that the blaze blinded their light sensitive eyes, and obscuring the woods as several of the cloaked figures were able to step into the burning circle. Standing at equal distances as joined phantoms, and pulling out twin sickle and swords before waiting for the last figure to join.

Smaller than the rest, cloaked as the others, but once their hood dipped in agreement there was nothing to hold back the mob as all leapt into their dancing. Cutting down the wounded and slowed first. Quickly cutting down the numbers before going after the stronger.

In the frenzy they barely had time to recognize the attack until all lay silent in the Autumn Court forest.

. . .

Love,
Lady Thyme.