Chapter 30

Melona

Early that morning I had been whisked out of bed by several of Seraphina's ladies in waiting. All bright eyed and bushy tailed as the hall my near dead body across the entirety of the palace and up to her Majesties personal rooms. Who greeted me excitedly with a hug that nearly sent us to the ground, but even despite the sleep still in my eyes I gladly except the affection and tightly wrap myself into the older females loving embrace.

"How do you feel dearest?", she asks tenderly as she places a kiss on my forehead. Her long gleaming scarlet hair unbound and abundantly curly as Eris'. Long soft ringlets enveloping her features that made her seem like a lion in hidding. It made me think of Morrigan.

I wish she could come today, but I knew she wouldn't and I would never ask her to put away her pain for something like this. Still I pray that someday she will find peace, that those wounds would heal. If not completely, then at least enough to live a good life.

"Sleepy", I pout and my soon to be mother in law laughs softly and pulls away.

"I know it is quiet early, but trust me when I say that there is much to be done, and that it will take us at least the full morning to get you ready", she beams and flutters around me to push me towards the bathing room. "I have a bath prepared for you. Your breakfast is waiting in there as well. Enjoy it my dear, but not for too long."

"Oh all right", I yon and click the door shut behind me before stripping of my night gown and slipping into the steaming water. Milk, honey, and salts had been added to the bath to cleans and soften my skin into a warm golden glow.

Sighing I take a few minutes to just soak up the heat into my bones and allow myself time to wake up. Only then remembering that it was indeed my wedding day.

I was thankful for the light breakfast of yogurt, nuts, and berries. My stomach was clenching and turning something awful with stress.

Married. I'm getting married to Eris Vanserra. The half of me the was able to see both the good and bad about him knew that everything was going to be imperfectly perfect, but the half that did not know what the future would hold was terrified.

After bathing in spiced soaps for about an hour I could still smell the cinnamon on my skin. It brought me comfort in thinking about these past few days I have slept beside Eris and that sent greeting me warmly every morning. Something I never want to loose.

"Sera, where you worried on your wedding day?", I ask softly as Pomona and the other ladies put my hair up to curl.

"Of course", she nods. "I was absolutely terrified. I barely knew Beron. Other then rumors which where not all the greatest to begin with. He never took the time before or after word to bother with me. Other then those nights we stayed together to produce heirs. . . But I think, I hope that you and Eris will be different. My son may be unkind at times and dishonest, but what he lack there he make up with ambition, and I think having you in his life is a goal he will stick to."

I smile as I look in the mirror. Thinking of all those days he made it habit to talk with me, to keep me in his life. How he would help me train with his brothers, how he had made it a point to bring me to Court meetings, teaching me how to scheme and navigate the backstabbing world he lived in. Protecting me from others and sometimes my own dark thoughts as I have for him.

"I haven't even told him that I love him yet", I realize with slight horror.
All the ladies around me pause. Looking down at me with uncertainty.

"Do you?", Seraphina asks gently before encouraging the other to continue in their work.

Thinking on it I slowly start to smile. Looking up at the russet of Sera's eyes as they melt into silver tears.