Chapter 29

(HEY EVERYBODY,

Long time, no see. Kinda my fault, but all well. Work has been killen me these past two weeks. So unforchanetly this is all I got for you right now.

Just a bunch of fluff, but I hope you enjoy it none the less. Thank you all for being so wonderful and patient.

Love,
Lady Thyme)

Melona

   Once again Eris had moved me back into his rooms. No longer trusting his father not to strike out at me if I were closer to him. The servants didn’t even blink in concern or judgement. Pomona even went to help to hasten the posses.

   No Counselor who hurd of it dared to utter a word about it. In their eyes I was Eris property, and if he wanted me in his rooms then they had nothing to say on the matter. Even if Serephina pushed against it. Only so that rumors would not spread, but Eris promised her he would behave himself until our wedding day.

   And thus far has kept his word.

   That is how I now ended up sprawled across the bear fur rug beside the fire. Curled up in thick knitted blankets wrapped snuggly around my tiny frame. Eris’ stash of hidden ginger snaps and chocolate lay beside me as I snack and read my books.

    “Good evening my dearest Melona”, Eris purrs as he crawls up from behind me. Holding himself above me while pressing kisses into my back.

   “Eris”, I hum his name in greeting. Trying to ignore the warmth spreading through me. Trying to focus on the words on the page. “How was your day?”

   “Miserable”, he grumbles into my shoulder. “Remind me to make you a part of my Counsel. I cannot stand these dusty old scholars. So much bickering and games they try to play to get their way. Give me a Culdron dammed headache.”   

    “Nawh, poor little Lordling”, I coos teasingly.

   “I am a poor little Lordling”, he pouts and snickers softly.

   “You really want me to be a part of your Court?”, I ask finally giving up on my book and setting it aside.

   “Of course”, he smiles with triumph in having won my attention.

   “I don’t have much experience with such things”, I sigh. 

   “I’ll teach you, and you’ll learn through experience. I have a meeting tomorrow. If you’d like to join me I would be honored to have you with me”, he hums as he runs a hand over my side.

   “Are you sure?”, I question. Eyes falling shut to drown in his touches.

   “Yes, and I would love nothing more then to watch those old fae all upset about a female in their presence. Culdron they’ll be so furious”, he chuckles.

   I laugh with him as he slinks up and places a kiss to my cheek before rolling over to lay on his back beside me. Reaching and snatching a ginger snap from the tin and places it in his mouth. I pout at the steeling of my treats.

   “Excuse me, but these are supposed to be my personal stash. How you found them is beyond me”, he chuckles and shuts his eyes to enjoy his treat.

   “I have a nose for sweets”, I grin before snatching my own.

   “I’ll have to find a better hiding place”, he smiles and I stick my tongue out at him. “What have you been up to?”

   “Mostly sketching out ideas for the wedding lay out”, I hum. “Went to talk to the caters for the feast after the vows. They’ve started on their preparations. Oh, I also have another question for you.”