Coming of Age -- Chapter 13

So this is a pretty big chapter with a lot of changes to the story since they are now in the city. So we can see how the characters react to the changes and everything. But comment and vote if you like! Thanks to all for reading!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            In a few minutes we emerged from the woods for the first time in weeks. I sheltered my eyes as I finally saw the full intensity of the sun again. It seemed so much brighter without branches to block it. We were back behind a building. “A hotel,” Luke whispered. We were behind a hotel. “A place to sleep for the night.”

            “A place to be safe,” I whispered as Aaron pulled me closer. “Can we stay here?”

            Aaron checked in the bag. “We have four hundred dollars. We could stay for two or three nights probably.” I nodded. “We’ll get it for one night, take a break for a day and heal, and try to find other shelter.” Me and Luke both looked at each other. He always had a plan, always had an alternative.

            We headed around front and headed into the hotel. The lady at the reception desk looked at us in disgust. We had covered up all the blood with jackets before we came in, but we were still dirty and disgusting. “Look we have money. We need a room with a bed and a fold out couch if you have one," Aaron said.

            Her face suddenly lit up as she looked closer and saw how cute Aaron was. I quickly put my arms around him and I could see him smirk as he kissed my forehead. She rolled her eyes and gave us each a keycard. “Here. Have a nice day,” her snobby voice said.

            We quickly made our way to the room. Finally we made it to our room, put on the do not disturb sign and locked all the doors and windows. I jumped onto the bed and sighed in content. “It’s so soft.”

            Aaron smiled. “Get up before you get the sheets all dirty.” He offered me a hand and I took it. It was then I noticed all of the scratches on his arm and body.

            “Luke, grab me a wet rag and the medical kit from the bag please.” He nodded and handed me the medical kit, and ran to get a wet rag. “Sit up,” I commanded Aaron. He sighed and sat forward. Luke ran back in with the rag and handed it to me. I looked at his overall damage and noticed the biggest scar was on his chest.

            I grabbed the hem of his shirt and began to lift it up. He winked at me and I rolled my eyes. He grabbed his shirt and helped me as I lifted it off. I looked at the giant, diagonal gash running from his shoulder to the top of his abdomen. My gaze lingered on his eight pack of abs. I bit my lip so it didn’t fall open in shock and awe. I heard his chuckled and it brought me back to the present.

            I glared at him before gently wiping the cloth across his chest. My hands trembled and I tried to steady them. It was hard because first, he looked godly without a shirt on, and second I was no medic. But at the moment I needed to be. He winced as I gently rubbed circles, clearing away the extra blood. Once all of the excess dried blood on his skin was gone, both of my hands rested on his chest. My face flushed. I looked away so he couldn’t see.

            I grabbed alcohol from the medical kit. I walked to the bathroom and rung the blood and water out of the washrag. It was stained a light pink color. I walked back in and dabbed alcohol on the washrag. “This is going to hurt like a bitch, but it’s to make sure you don’t get infected. Just try not to squirm.” He nodded.

            I grabbed one of his hands with my free hand and slowly dragged the alcohol-covered rag down his scratches. His hand would tighten on mine and he would scrunch his face. When I was done, I moved onto the smaller scratches on his arms. I felt his hard muscles against my soft hands as I delicately wiped circles. Lastly I cleaned the small scratch on his face. “Better?” I asked. He nodded. I noticed how close I was to his face. My eyes were drawn to his lips. I quickly put the rag down and put distance in between us.