Coming of Age -- Chapter 15

Okay so I know that I haven't updated this in forever literally but I really hope that you guys enjoy this chapter. Comment on it and tell me your opinions! I definitely want feedback! 

I will try and be more active but there is no promise and I have no idea when this story will be uploaded again but thank you all so much for sticking with me and I love you all! <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            I opened my eyes slowly. Light streamed through the blinds in small slits. I yawned and stretched my arms. I sat up and looked over at Aaron who was watching the news as some anchorwoman droned on about politics. He looked over and his eyes met mine. “Melody,” he said quietly, trying not to wake Luke. He got out of bed and sat on the edge of mine. “Can we talk about yesterday?” I nodded.

            He took a deep breath. “I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have said any of the things I said. I know I’m not a leader and I shouldn’t make all the decisions. I should respect you and Luke’s decisions. I’ve just been on the run so long and it’s worked for so long. I guess I wasn’t open to other options. I just want to keep you safe.”

            I nodded. “I know. And I overreacted. I’m sorry. I was just upset. We probably can’t stay in this city forever and I know that. Just the whole idea of being safe and resting and having a bed sounded so great I didn’t want to give it up. You know?” He nodded. I stood up and walked over to him. He stood up too and I wrapped my arms around him tightly and buried my face into his chest.

            I pulled away. “Let’s wake Luke up.” He nodded. I pulled away from him and walked over. “Luke!” I yelled. Luke jumped up and out of his chair. He was alert and ready for action. I giggled.

            “We should all go get some breakfast and me and Luke could head to training.” Everyone agreed. We got ready and headed out to walk around town and find some breakfast place. We began to walk when I saw an IHop. I pointed to it. “Can we go there?” They both nodded. “Me and my brother used to go to IHop all the time.  He would get a ton of pancakes and I would get bacon, sausage, and eggs and we would both share. We would talk about our lives and what was going on. We were very close.”

            Aaron interlaced his fingers in mine, trying to comfort me. Soon we were there and the waitress walked up to us and asked us what we wanted. “I’ll have pancakes, she’ll have eggs, sausage, and bacon.” He said while smiling at me. I smiled back and squeezed his hand that was in mine. Luke ordered some pancakes.

            As soon as we got our food I was scarfing down everything I could get my hands on. “Slow down, Melody. Your body has adjusted to eating little food so eating too much at once is a bad idea; it will make your stomach upset.”           I sighed and slowed down a little bit.

            We finished and walked out. “Me and Luke are going to go train.” Aaron nodded. “Will you be okay, all by yourself?”

            He smiled and cupped my cheek. “I was on my own for a long time, Melody. I can handle myself.” I nodded, feeling stupid. He laughed. “I’m going to get a little job for the day to make some money. Tonight we can all get dinner or something, okay?” I nodded. He kissed my forehead.

            Me and Luke headed down to the library. We walked in and I looked around in amazement still. “You’ll get used to it.” I nodded. We went and sat down at a table. A few people were walking around, or reading books.  “Since we actually have some time today, we can start out with talking.” I scrunched my eyebrows together, not knowing what to talk about. “You miss it, don’t you?” he asked. “You miss your family, your friends, your home?”