Chapter 26: A Second Kiss

Update (07/11/22): Grammatical errors fixed and very minor sentence changes.

New "acronyms" used in this chapter

(f/h/c) = favorite hard candy

Jasper's POV

        It was two days after the interaction I had, had with (y/n). I was still upset with her for lying to me about the Crystal Gems, but my anger began to die down after what happened on Sunday. I blushed, groaning as I covered my face with my hands. "Is it bad that I didn't want her to stop," I asked, looking at the feline lying on my stomach. Storm cleaned herself lazily, scratching her right ear with her foot. I sighed, looking back up at the ceiling. I'm supposed to be mad at her... "Why is this so hard," I whined, pulling on my hair. "She lied to me. About something important at that! Something she knew was important to me and on top of that, her job was to change me. Meaning that all of the stuff she's said to me or how sweet and kind she was being was a lie too. Right?..." Storm meowed loudly in response, placing her paws on my chest as she stretched. She flicked her tail which hit my thigh, causing me to laugh lightly. I scratched behind her ears, earning a loud purr. Her soft tail tickled my bare thigh. Then why can't I stay mad at her? "She even made me carry her stuff back to the house and lock up the arcade! That was supposed to be her job but she decided to run off after she kissed me..." I brushed my thumb across my bottom lip lightly, closing my eyes. Storm's loud meow broke me away from my thoughts. The kitten's eyes were glued to my phone resting on the desk in my room. I glanced over at it, realizing that it was vibrating quietly against the surface. I reached over and picked it up to see Daia's name across the screen. I answered the call, putting it on speaker and laying my phone on my chest. "Hello?"

        "Jasper! How's my second baby doing?" I laughed as I began petting Storm again, shrugging lightly.

        "Second? But I'm good, how are you?"

        "I'm great sweetheart, thanks for asking! But yes, second. (Y/n) is my first of course." I nodded, chuckling quietly as my eyes fell on the ceiling again. "Speaking of (y/n) though...how have you two been doing?"

        "We're—fine. She's still at work since it's a Tuesday, but she should be coming home soon," I replied with a blush, glancing at the time on my phone screen. 5:16 PM.

        "You still upset with her," Daia asked softly.

        "H-How did you know I was mad at her?" The woman on the other end of the call scoffed, chuckling shortly after.

        "C'mon Jasper, I'm not dense. It was pretty obvious things were really tense between the two of you after the cocktail party. I just didn't want to ask and upset you girls even more, since I didn't know what was going on at the time," she explained.

        "Oh...I'm guessing (y/n) told you then," I asked, examining my claws.

        "Not really, actually. She just gave me the rundown but didn't go into details. I didn't press her anymore though, because I respect y'all's privacy," she said with a giggle. I laughed lightly, playing with the ends of my hair after Storm jumped off of me, lying on the floor. "What I didn't know was that the two of you kissed." I pressed my lips together, my blush increasing.

        "W-Wait...she told you about that?"

        "Yep! But she didn't want to go into detail," Daia whined.