Chapter 3: The Encounter

Update (12/22/20): Minor change to one sentence. Grammatical errors were fixed. 

Update v.2 (07/12/22): Grammatical errors again. Slight sentence changes.

        The following morning, you woke up refreshed and ready to go. It was a sunny Saturday morning, and you were sure that the day was going to be beautiful. You glanced at your phone screen to see it was eight o'clock on the dot. You smiled to yourself, hopping out of bed and stretching. I have a whole hour to get ready before it's time to open up shop. You then made your way into the bathroom, taking a hot shower.

        Once you got out of the shower, steam billowing behind you, you stood in front of the sink to brush your teeth. After brushing, you spit into the sink, splashed your face, and then turned off the faucet. Walking back out into your room and towards the closet, you decided on a(n) (f/c) pleated skirt and a white low-cut blouse that accented your curves nicely. You shuffled over to your full-length mirror, admiring yourself. Hm...I really do clean up well. You grinned at yourself in the mirror, parting your (h/l) (h/c) hair on one side, allowing some of it to rest over your eye. Satisfied with your appearance, you slipped your (s/c-t) feet into a pair of flats and headed out of your room and down the stairs.

        You glanced over at your microwave, looking at the time. 8:36 AM. You decided to cook an actual breakfast since you didn't have to rush to get to work today. You walked over to your refrigerator and opened the door to it. Bending down to grab the eggs, you looked around the bottom of the appliance. I really need to clean out this thing... After closing the fridge, you made your way to the stove, grabbing a frying pan from the cabinet. You cracked two eggs into a bowl, whisking them together until they turned yellow. You added a little oil to the pan and some salt and pepper to the eggs. You poured the eggs into the pan, quickly walking over to the other side of the kitchen to grab some bread to put in the toaster. After you scrambled the eggs, added a little cheese to them, and put them onto your plate, the bread in the toaster sprung out, alerting you that it was done. You went over to get it, grabbing the strawberry jam out of the refrigerator on your way to the counter. You sighed, taking a seat on one of the four barstools lined against the island in your kitchen. Taking a bite of your toast, you checked the time. 8:45 AM. I have five minutes to eat, you think, quickly shoveling the food into your mouth.

        At eight fifty-one, you left out of the house, but not before giving the necklace you made last night a glance. You gave a small smile, making sure to close and lock the door behind you. You began your trek across the beach, arriving at the boardwalk quickly. "Hey, (y/n), you look nice today." You turned your head slightly, smiling at Sadie, who had given you the compliment. She was cleaning the windows on the outside of the Big Donut.

        "Thanks, Sadie!" You continued walking, picking up the pace slightly until you heard someone wolf-whistle to your right. You turned your head with an eyebrow raised and saw Amethyst. Your confused expression soon turned into a smile as you giggled. She was sitting on the counter of Beach Citywalk Fries, or Fryman's place as everyone liked to call it. She was swinging her stubby legs, grinning at you. "Hey, Amethyst," you greeted, stopping for a moment.

        "Heya, (y/n)! Lookin' good...," she stated as she looked you up and down. You blushed slightly, playfully punching her arm.

        "Thank you..." She chuckled as Petey came into view, placing a greasy bag on the counter beside her.

        "Here you go. A bag of fry bits." Amethyst grinned, taking the bag as she hopped off of the counter.

        "Aww yeah! Thanks, fry boy," she said as she dug into the bag, stuffing her mouth. You laughed but cut yourself off once you realized where you were supposed to be.