Chapter 4: The Name

Update (09/22/20): Minor sentence changes. Grammatical errors were fixed.

Update v.2 (07/12/22): Grammatical errors again and slight sentence changes.

Jasper's POV

        My body shuddered in anger as I glared at the human's back. She can't tell me what to do! I gritted my teeth, stomping over to the wall by the staircase. I punched the wall in frustration, creating a hole, and knocking over a wooden structure against it. That'll show her who she's dealing with... I smirked, chuckling, as I walked over the threshold into the next area, my boots clicking on the tiled floor. I brought my fist down on the marble-topped desk thing, cracking it. I frowned, disappointed that it didn't split in half as I intended, but I had to give props to the structures in this human's house. They didn't break easily, which was good since I planned on staying here for a while. I turned on my heel, hearing a crack under my boots. I looked down curiously, lifting my foot until I saw the shards of the gems I shattered earlier. I scooped them up in my hands, placing them on the desk thing I had cracked a moment ago. "There. I cleaned," I said to myself, almost bursting into laughter at how clever I was.

(Y/n)'s POV

        As you made your way down the stairs after washing yourself up and changing into some more comfortable clothes, you mentally prepared yourself for the mess you knew was still there. While you were in your bathroom upstairs, you heard things being destroyed and heavy objects falling. You heaved a loud sigh as your living room came into view. Your sofa was still toppled over, but now your gorgeous mahogany bookcase was lying on top. Things that were stacked on the bookcase were now scattered across the floor. And that's when you noticed the footprints on your carpet. It wasn't dirty or muddy footprints, just indentions on the floor due to the large gem walking around. Your bare feet touched the bottom step, and you looked to your left to see a gaping hole in the wall next to where the bookcase should be. Your mouth fell open, and you furrowed your eyebrows, walking further to stand in the middle of your destroyed living space. Your eyes widened to see some of the tiles on your kitchen floor cracked and coming out of place, and the marble countertop on the kitchen island had a deep crack on it. You shuffled over to the counter, running your fingers slowly over the fissure, paying no attention to the smirking gem to your right. Your eye then caught the shards and bent metal of your father's necklaces, and you swallowed harshly, holding back the tears that threatened to drop. You knew they were beyond repair, and your face was hot with sadness and anger. "Y-You are so destructive." The gem scoffed, her heavy footsteps echoing on the tile.

        "This is nothing. I have done far worse. Consider yourself lucky." You turned to glare at her, but your eyes only met with her chest. You blushed, stepping back to look her in the face.

        "I told you to clean this mess, you ass!" Her face held a shocked expression for a moment, but she quickly consoled herself, narrowing her eyes at you.

        "I will not take orders from a weakling such as yourself." You rolled your eyes, pushing past her as you made your way to the fallen bookcase.

        "I guess if I want something done, I have to do it myself since someone is too childish to clean up her own mess. Does your mommy clean up after you too?" you asked, squatting down and curling your fingers under the wood. You pushed, lifting the bookcase a couple of inches off the ground.

        "Wh-What?! I'm a gem! We don't have this 'mommy' you speak of." You ignored her, turning to push your back against the shelf, hoping to have a little more leverage that way, and reduce the strain on your legs and lower back. You heard a small chuckle from the other side of the room, and you frowned, looking over out the corner of your eye.

        "Is something funny? If there is, please let me know so I can laugh too," you said sarcastically, having little progress on putting the bookcase back in place. She chuckled again.

        "Your species is just so weak. It's entertaining to watch you try so hard and ultimately fail." You let out a growl, losing focus for a quick second, which caused your legs to begin shaking from the weight on your back. "But...it gets boring watching after a while." Suddenly the weight on your back was gone, and you fell to the floor on your bottom. You panted, looking up at the gem. She was holding the bookcase up with one arm, giving you a harsh stare. "Get out of the way. Unless you want me to drop it back on you." You quickly scurried around her legs, watching her put the heavy piece of furniture back in place with ease.

        "Could you...maybe put the couch back to?" you asked. Your voice sounded meek and shy. The gem chuckled again, the sound like honey across your ears. She turned to look at you.

        "You mean this thing?" she asked, pointing at the couch. You nodded, standing back a little as she pressed her forearm under the back cushions, flipping it over effortlessly. You walked around her again, putting the couch seats back in place. You then started to arrange the fallen items from the bookshelf back in position, not knowing what to do about the wall, your floor, or the counter. You sighed, swiping the broken pieces of the necklaces into the trashcan, assuring yourself that you could always make more.

        "Hey, uh...thanks for—what are you doing?" The gem held your microwave, turning it over in her large hands.

        "What is this device, human? And what is it used for?" You gave her a blank stare, walking over to take the thing from her before she broke that too.

        "It's a microwave, and you use it to heat up food." Her face contorted into a look of disgust.

        "What's that?"

        "What's what?"

        "Food." You facepalmed, sliding your hand down slowly.

        "You aren't anything like the Crystal Gems, are you?" She growled, grabbing your throat again, but not nearly as hard as she did the first time.

        "Don't you dare compare me to those traitors, brat," she spat, tightening her grip momentarily.

        "Tr-Traitors?" She shoved you back, leaning against the refrigerator and crossing her arms.

        "Those gems are the reason I'm stuck on this miserable planet. I was sent here to obliterate them due to the fact they were thwarting Yellow Diamond's plans for The Cluster. But they were stronger than I thought, so I fused with Lapis Lazuli to beat them." She clenched her teeth, her jaw flexing from the action. "That conniving little brat tricked me and trapped me in the fusion Malachite. She dragged both of us under the ocean and kept us there for what felt like years." The gem's fists clenched so hard she was slightly shaking. You could tell she had gone through a lot, and the tough guy act she had seemed to perfect just wasn't going to fool you. Her eyes widened as she turned to you, grabbing your throat again. "What did you do to me?! I shouldn't have told you any of that—it wasn't your business!" You sighed, your hands grabbing her wrist and pulling her hand off you. You rubbed at the sore flesh, wincing slightly.

        "I didn't do anything to you. I'm just an easy person to talk to, or so I've been told. Maybe you just needed to get that off of your chest." You could have sworn you saw her face darken with a blush, but she turned away before you could be sure. "I'd like to know your name. But if you still don't want to tell me, that's fine," you said, shrugging. The gem mumbled something along the lines of 'curious humans,' but you weren't entirely sure.

        "Jasper."