•20

"Go back in time? But... how are we even supposed to go back?" Jinho asked, genuinely confused.

"Leave that to us." Miyeon said. "The only thing you have to do when you go back is try and find the paper where the spell was written before the commander burned it."

"And then what?" I asked.

"Then, you'll have to memorize it word by word, or rewrite in onto another piece of paper, it doesn't really matter." Miyeon said. "But you must get every word right, otherwise we might mess something up."

"But if we are already going back in time, why can't we just destroy that paper before the commander casts the spell?" Yuto suggested. "That way, the curse wouldn't exist in the first place."

"You can't do that." Soojin said strictly. "Even a slightest change of the past events might result in terrible consequences. We can't risk that."

"Soojin's right." Yeeun nodded. "And one more thing – since time traveling spells are extremely hard and require a lot of power, not all of you can go back. So, you better come up with a team that will have four people at most, one witch included."

"Okay." Hongseok said. "Thank you so much for agreeing to help us."

Miyeon just nodded, standing up from her seat.

"It's time for you to go now. We will contact you in a few days, letting you know when we can perform the time traveling spell." She said.

"But, how will you even be able to find us?" I asked.

"Don't worry about that too much. You found us, didn't you? What makes you think we can't do the same?" She smirked, snapping her fingers.

As soon as she did so, the whole atmosphere around us changed, sending us back to the car.

"Damn, those witches are really a pain in the ass." Yuto growled, still trying to adjust to this sudden teleportation.

"Shut up, they might still be able to hear us." Hoetaek said seriously. "You saw what they are capable of doing."

"The only thing I saw Soojin was capable of was staring at you." Yuto smirked, teasing his older friend.

Hoetaek didn't say anything in his defence, and instead, he just opened the car, being followed by the rest of us.

*

Later in their office, we told everything to the rest of the guys.

"...And basically, this might happen really soon, so what we need to do is decide who will be the one to go on this mission beside me and one of the witches." Hongseok said.

"I'll go." I said, barely letting him finish his sentence. When he turned around, I already knew he was going to complain about my decision and try to talk me out of it.

"Xia, I'm sorry, but this is too dangerous for you." Hongseok said worryingly. "You are not immortal like the rest of us, I can't let something happen to you there. If you remember, those times were way different from the ones we live in now."

"I understand, Hongseok. But still, you can't just keep me in a cage in hopes of me not dying." I said seriously. "I understand why you're restraining yourself from being near me, but if I die because of any other cause, then that's on me."

He just kept quiet for a few seconds, staring at me sadly.

"I know you're sick of waiting and can't afford to lose me again. But I also know that I might be useful to you there. I knew my husband better than anyone else, so spying on him will be much easier with me by your side, don't you think?" I looked him in the eyes. "I think this is worh risking."

For a moment, I thought Hongseok was going to say no. But then, he finally nodded.

"Alright. You can go." He said, turning to the rest of the guys. "Who else?"

"I'll go." Hyunggu suddenly said, standing up from his chair. "I knew about the two of you for the longest time. I knew about all the times you went to see each other. If we can connect all the timings and pieces together, we can find out exactly when the commander found out about you, where he went and who he asked for help in order to get his revenge. Then, we'll come up with the plan of stealing the paper for a while."

"That's a good idea." Hongseok admitted. "Is there anyone who disagrees with this for some reason?"

He looked across the office, and when he realised that no one was standing up against Hyunggu's suggestion, he nodded.

"Alright, then we have a deal. Let's just wait for those witches to contact us again."