Coming Out {25}

***Gage’s POV***

                “Gage, no,” Rose said flatly.

                “Rose, please. You have to do this,” I said, quickly growing impatient with her.

                “It’ll hurt him!” Rose argued.

                “It’ll free him. Freedom comes with a cost,” I said. “It’ll get him over Gav. Then he can move on with Alex. You also need to face some pain Rose. Trav will never be with you. He’s gay. You’re a girl. It won’t work out.”

                Rose’s face heated up a little. “Shut up Gage. I’m not doing it.”

                “If you won’t do it for me, do it for Trav,” I said, crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow at her. “He’s torturing himself over Gav. If he gets it through his head, he won’t do that anymore. He’ll move on with Alex.”

                Rose shook her head at me. “There’s another reason behind this. I don’t know what, but I can see it in your eyes. You have another reason for doing this to Trav.”

                Not really. My main reason for asking Rose to do this, was so that Trav could get over Gav. No one was ever going to get to be in a happy relationship with Trav if he was still hung up on Gav. No one included me, Alex, and whoever the hell else would ever enter Trav’s life.

                “Just do it Rose. I’ll owe you one,” I grumbled. I hated being in debt to Rose. But I need her to do this for me.

                Rose contemplated it before sighing. “Fine. Go get in my closet and I’ll call Gav to come over,” she said, shaking her head in disgust. I wasn’t sure if that disgust was directed at herself or at me, and quite frankly, I didn’t give a shit. She was doing what I wanted, and that was enough to please me. Still…

                “I have to get back in the closet?” I whined. Not that I was ever really in the closet. Hell, I’d been gay since I cat-walked out of my mother’s womb.

                “I don’t have to do this,” she reminded me.

                “Fine, fine. I’m getting in the closet you bitch,” I grumbled, going into her bedroom and stepping into her closet. I cracked the door and pulled out my iPod, testing it to make sure I would be able to record what was about to happen.

                “Keep him on your bed Rose,” I instructed as she entered her room.

                She nodded at me. “I will. I just called him. He’ll be here in, like, five minutes,” she said, sitting down.

                Her doorbell rang a few minutes later and she sighed before getting up to answer the door. She returned a minute later with Gav trailing after her like a lost puppy.

                I pressed the record button on my iPod as they sat on Rose’s bed together. Gav smiled at her brightly.

                “So, what did you need to talk about?” he asked curiously.

                “Trav,” Rose said, trying to act like her normal self and not like her cousin was hiding in the closet recording every moment of this conversation.

                “What about him?” Gav asked.

                “Gav…don’t take offense to this, okay?” Rose said.