#12: A Big Softie- (Highschool AU Part 3)

Hanabi thought that Hanzo was a piece of sh*t who didn't really care about anyone, but....

____________

It was the second day of their senior trip and now the class was taking a bus trip to the Battle site of Abbey, which was around an hour and a half away from London. Hanabi had initially planned to sleep it out but, someone was restricting her from doing so-

"I believe I know why you're angry." Esmeralda stated as she shuffled her tarrot cards professionally, it was so wierd how she carried them wherever she went. "I believe I can help you."

Hanabi glanced at her seat partner, the president of the astrology club. Honestly this bus ride was going extremely slow, and as much as Esmerelda wanted to engage in 'small talk', Hanabi was still stained with irate when she recalled what had happened last night-

"You don't need to do anything for me-"

She didn't feel like 'talking', she didn't feel like interacting with anyone in general. The worst fear she harbored came true: She suffered through jet lag and was only able to sleep for three damn hours. SHE DIDN'T WANNA PUT UP WITH ANY SHIT TODAY.

"Oh but I do." Esmerelda halted her card shuffling, turning towards Hanabi, her voice dropping, "...now let me get to the bottom of the problems you're dealing with."

She gestured Hanabi to pick a random card from the face-downed deck. At first, the scarlet ninja refused, but Esmerelda didn't really seem to care. Finally, she sighed as she reluctantly drew one dismissively.

The astrologer laid the card flat on her lap, it was shaking a bit due to the road the bus was taking, though it couldn't be helped. Hanabi took a careful glance at the card, it only portrayed stars in certain positions, she was oblivious to how this would even signify anything.

"What does it mean?"

"One Star flickers a bright brittle, meaning you're angry because your feelings of worry were all for naught."

Worried...? Could she mean Hanzo?

"WORRIED! NO WAY!" She boomed almost instantly, roaring in denial almost as if her life depended on it.

"But that's not, the star is shunned by the rest. You're also angry because someone did something deliberately, and they didn't consider your feelings.... Now draw another card."

Hanabi took another card from the deck, considerably more interested this time. She placed it on Esmerelda's lap, next to the other one. This time, the colors of the stars were different, there were two red ones that caught her eye.

"Oh!" Esmerelda coughed a bit surprisingly, "You're mad at two people! However there are two orange stars next to each other, meaning that you'll be mad at a third one in due time."

What?

She did not want to spend the entire trip pissed off at everyone, it wasn't her forte. Esmerelda may be faulty, Hanabi didn't really believe much on the pre-determined fate of every living thing, she was a woman of logic. However, there was something about Esmerelda that made the whole concept romantic.

"Do I draw a third one, Esme?"

She nodded in approval, holding out the cards. Hanabi contemplated a bit on which one to pick, she had to make it count. Finally, her hand drew the very last one to the right, and she took a careful glance at it, a card filled with pink stars, circling a red and purple star.

Esmerelda took it in hand, blushing when she saw the pattern of the card. It reminded her of the time she drew this card for herself, when she was predicting her fate all that time ago-