[44]

You must be one solid rock if you don't have a good amount of distrust in people

edit: 4.20.21

[POV ~ Ellie]

A week later.

I was still not used to having the bodyguards around, however ever since they have came, father hasn't really been home much.

However I'm not grounded anymore, that's a plus, Zach and I actually have gotten closer, Today is Saturday and we decided to go to a carnival festival, Of course Grant and Parker would come too, I also learned that, Zach wanted to become a bodyguard because of his little sister, I always wanted an older brother but dad proceeded to explain to me that I would be the older sister if he ever does decide to get me a brother, anyways, Zach has a really sad story, I won't get into much but his sister died at the ripe age of Five, which makes me really sad because that's when my life changed, I always knew that there's a death that happens every thirteen second in the world, then eight second of another person being born.

She would actually be the same age as me, Zach said that me and her would get together so well, I really didn't ask for her name because if I did, her name would ring in my head for days wondering why such a young girl die so young?

I buckled myself into his car as he drove out of the driveway, then I found myself lost in thoughts staring out into the landscape.

I had always wondered what would happen if I never found the courage to run away, what if I never found my dad? what if my life would be the same and my dad would be in this high pedestal while I'm trying to survive, would he still want me if I met him at this age?

I never realized just how much, my life can change in a day when I had found my courage and bravery.

Perhaps the things happened all for a reason? And that reason is to find my father, but why did my biological mother not give me to dad?

How come he didn't know about me when I was born?

I know I really shouldn't think about stuff in the past since it's happened and no matter what you do, it will never change, when dad asked me if I was mad at him, I wasn't really, but now that I really think back on it, I really just didn't want him to be upset with me, yes I was happy that he was my biological father, but the fact that he wasn't there for me when I was born makes me more upset.

Did somehow he didn't want me? Was he too busy with his job to want a child?

I sighed not realizing I sighed a bit loudly, "hey what's the matter?" I heard Zach say which pulled me out of my thoughts.

"I'm just wondering, why my father was never there for me when I was an infant" I replied as I averted my attention from the landscape to Zach who was still facing the road.

"I see, well I'm sure there is a reason for everything" he responds.

"Hey, I know it's a touchy topic... but what really happened to your little sister?" I asked being extra cautious.

"My little sister, she...well let's just say she met some bad people at the wrong time and they thought it was best to silence her." Zach says with his voice unwavering.

Does this have something to do with why he suddenly wants to be a bodyguard?

"bad people..? Like who and what" I asked.

"hey once we get there do you want to stop for lunch?" He asks changing the subject.

"yeah we can stop for corn dogs" I replied, I guess I'll have to be patient, what bar people would want to silence a five year old? Did she know something that she shouldn't?